my 69er! Now fully restored!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been over today to help hang the doors. we also got the drivers door seals built up :)

IMGP2063.jpg

IMGP2062.jpg

IMGP2061.jpg

IMGP2060.jpg

IMGP2064.jpg

Engine bay looks great! needs a clean, and some new heater tubes yet though.

IMGP2058.jpg

gninnam said:
Coming on grand 8)

Bet your getting more excited by the day ;)
certainly am andy :D looking great now the lights are in! bit of colour!
hopefully my radars will be painted this week, and all the glass in.
should be home soon! then my hardwork will start doing the interior.

Barkafer said:
Nice and shiny :D Should look the nuts with the Radar's. Love Radar's.

Radars have now been painted! look wicked I think! Had them done solid gloss black for something a bit different. Can't wait to see them on :D

P1010340.jpg

WOW :shock: Those Radars look the mutts 8)

I agree that they should look wicked on the bus ;)

Cheers guys! :D have chrome centre caps for them, and shiney bolts, but they might end up black too. will see how they look! been busy restoring the westy windows this week( total arse of a job !!) so they will be going back in at the weekend, and the plates will be on. should be home next week! :D

@Andy. Just noticed you're local! do you get to the lvc meets?

steve92 said:
@Andy. Just noticed you're local! do you get to the lvc meets?

Went to one many years ago - seem like a nice bunch but not been back since.
Hoping to get the van on the road in a few months time so will be popping over then ;)

hey steve... your vans coming on a treat now looks well 8) & them raders do it for me too.
cant wait to see them on your bus.

bruce

baj said:
hey steve... your vans coming on a treat now looks well 8) & them raders do it for me too.
cant wait to see them on your bus.

bruce
Cheers Bruce. the radars look great on the bus! He's all ready to come home now. just waiting for a dry day! here's a few pics of him complete. Sitting a bit high, but once the interiors in it will settle better. Pics dont really do it justice, looks awesome in the flesh.

IMGP2091.jpg

IMGP2084.jpg

IMGP2082.jpg

IMGP2080.jpg

IMGP2095.jpg

IMGP2093.jpg

gninnam said:
bus is a credit for all the work put in 8)
It certainly is. Massive thanks to Mick and Dave Ward for all their work. :D

Just a few more pics after a polish.

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

And just a reminder of the bus pre resto.

P1000171.jpg

P1000180.jpg

just a wee update.
have now cavity waxed the interior,added some insulation,varnished and refitted the head lining,and fitted some ply panels inside. need to do some technical adjustments to the hinge cover panel now as the headlining has seated slightly differently, but it's coming on nicely. :D

IMGP2111.jpg

IMGP2110.jpg

IMGP2106.jpg

IMGP2113.jpg

IMGP2124.jpg

IMGP2123.jpg

IMGP2127.jpg

IMGP2118.jpg

Had a good weekend on the bus :D Wardrobe and bed base now in. nice to get it in, it's been sat in my lounge for nearly two years!! Have carpeted the back out for a bit of sound deadening. also got the new seat stand mats in. it's so nice to have repro parts that fit really well!

IMGP2129.jpg

IMGP2128.jpg

IMGP2131.jpg

IMGP2130.jpg

IMGP2136.jpg

Latest posts