My '72 devon....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gwar72 said:
Low n slow said:
Great thread. I've seen this bus around Banbury. I'm not far away in the village of the damned :lol: you have almost the same firnature as mine. Top job.

Cheers :D You should come along to our club meet?? ;)

Lowlife VW club we meet at The Windmill Inn, Whitnash, CV31 3DD every other Tuesday, Next meet is the 1st March 7.30pm onwards :D
Thanks fella, can't make this one but I'll certainly try to make it sometime. Are you with the crew that has the back to basic's show?

Cool, see you next time (should be getting lighter evenings, so hopefully some aircooled may appear..!!) LoL :D

Yes we were but we have had problems with a venue so no B2B show this year. :)

See you ALL at Volksworld show, I'll be on the Fat Bob's Emporium Bespoke rugs stand outside as Demo Vehicle..!! :D 8)

Come and say Hi, Whisper the code word "Earlybay" and get a Fat bob's FREE sticker..!! ;) 8) :lol:

Flower Power Friday..!! :) 8)

Nice drive into work this morning and had to take a Pic..!!

See you at Alive and Dubbing, Jimmy's Farm this weekend...!!! ;) :D

I'll be on the Fat Bob's emporium stand so Come and say Hi...!!! 8) 8) 8) And get a free sticker..!! LoL :D :lol:

A few pictures from Alive & Dubbin last weekend. Cool show :cool:

My van on Fat Bob's Emporium stand as a display vehicle for his bespoke cab and rear carpet mats :)

Well just got back this week from an awesome 1269 mile European VW Show road trip, taking in La Mans Super VW Show and Spa Bug Show..!! 8) 8)

Traveling in convoy were 2 Bay's, 2 Splits, Trekker, Beetle and T4, T5.....

Early start to catch ferry at New Haven to Dieppe on the Wednesday.....

On Route....

On the other side checking directions....

But found time for a coffee stop in a little town square... 8)

First camp site from coming from Ferry was in Alençon...

and first beers...

Then onto Le Mans...

And then circled the wagons on the campsite....

and started looking at all the cool stuff in the campsite...

And onto the show days...

Annie working as a Fat Bob's Emporium show car behind the pits on Sunday...

And we had some special quests in the van for a photo...!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D 8)

Alysson Cherry Hotcho pin up girl and race car driver...!!!

Then into the pits for the parade lap which was ACE...!!! 8) 8) :D :D

On the Track....

More to follow.......

Well end of Le Mans show line up before we left the site on Monday....

Then back up north away from Le Mans up to Le Mesnil-sous-Jumièges campsite...

Along the way we had to take this FREE small car ferry which was great fun..!!! 8) 8) 8)

Came to a great campsite with water activities on a lake, Go Ape climbing for kids and adults (only there for two nights) ...

https://www.facebook.com/Base-de-Loisirs-de-Jumi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;èges-Le-Mesnil-434420679977252 (copy and paste link)

So had a day of exploring....

Lovely area and would go back there again for longer...

So Wednesday morning was wet when we left.... :roll:

And then stopped with some issues...

Rear hub problem on trekker which was fixed by a spare alternator shim..!! :D :lol:

But the Scooby split sheared off a pulley bolt and fubared the pulley wheel so was a Recovery/repatriation job..!! :( But we luckily had a spare tent so he jumped in shot gun with me for the rest of the trip...

First campsite which was pre-booked was full and as we were running late after the earlier problems we got booked into another campsite just outside the walls of Le Quesnouy. Which was a fabulous wall and moat town..!!

The campsite was basic but Ok..

Saw these for sale in a Diner in the town €6500 each..

Not sure if this a typical French/ Belgian cat..!!?? :lol: :lol:

Then left on Friday morning to head straight to Spa.......

And then made it to Spa-Francorchamps...!!! 8) 8) 8)

Waiting in the queue...

And camped up in the woods....

And the quality of cars was amazing and they were happy to drive them about to...

View down onto road was great to see a constant flow of air-cooled... 8)

Some pictures from inside show...

Earlybay Barber's....

The Big Parade lap was great to watch ....

And then the show was over and we headed up to Gent to camp over Sunday night before ferry...

Marc's purchase at the show.... :lol: :lol:

Got stuck in a long tail back so engines off and rollin' down the hill having fun...

Playing with the walkie talkies and made a short Jaws video below..... :lol: :lol:

Road sign showing hand of God will crush your car..!!??

Camped up in Gent

Ferry home Monday lunchtime...

And then on the M25 the hub nut decided to leave the rear wheel of the Trekker and bounce down the hard shoulder (not the side with the shim in..!!) ..!! Luckily the wheel stayed on but that was game over for the thing so it was recovered from there home.... :( :roll:

But can't say we got a speeding ticket...!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And home by 7.30pm...!!! 1269 Miles done and no problems from the van..!! An Awesome trip away with friends...!! :D :D 8) 8) :D :D

Cheers Airtime, gvee 8)

Annie working hard on the Fatbob's Emporium Stand At Busfest..!! ;) :D

http://www.fatbobsemporium.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/fatbobsemporium/?notif_t=page_fan&notif_id=1473680349937703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well that'll be the knocking from the engine then..!! :shock: :roll: :(

Engine being stripped down at engine builders, case gone off to be Line bored and await to see what else needs doing??

So while the engines out I plan to get under there and clean up around the outside of gear box with some Jizer..!! ;) ;)

Well engine is at builders and the verdict was new Barrel & P's, bearings, cam... :shock:

So thought I would get new heat exchangers as old ones were holey and not working as they should. Got these from Megabug and seam to be well made and heavy.

So gave them a good coat of VHT for extra protection.. :)

And then gave them a baking beside the stove... :lol: 8) :)

And voilà..!! :D

And while I was at it got the old exhaust and gave that a wire brush and paint to...

And back off too the engine builders with those and wait.... :) :)

Love the photos and stores over the year :)

Piston looks well mullard - wonder how it lost it's skirt?
Good luck with the rebuild 8)

Smiling from ear to ear is an understatement this morning...!!! :D :D :D :D Picked up the van with it's newly built engine..!!! 8) 8) 8)

Got to run it in for 500 miles then get it all checked over and tightened up ;) :D

Case was line bored, grind crank, new piston and barrels, mains, big ends, cam bearings, gasket set, flywheel oil seal, new cam shaft, cam followers, inlet boots, exhaust box, 50mm hose ETc..... (don't know have of what they are but glad they are now replaced) :lol: :lol: :D 8)

Also had a quick shift plate fitted so no more stirring porridge..!! :D :D :D

Latest posts