New Mafia member

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
So after a visit to Gadgets speed shop yesterday i'm now the new owner of a 68 (or 69 just awaiting the logbook to confirm) of a South African RHD Westy. Single port 1600 engine
Needs a little bit of work but nothing to major.
Comes with a folder full of reciepts dating back to South Africa also got a nearly complete service record (delivery service of 13 miles dated May 69), a volksheaven steering box, a stainless steel exhaust and a near complete interior.
To say i'm stoked is an understatement anyway I have a few pics of what Dean sent to me and i willl put more pics up when its delivered but heres some for all you picture whores

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04520.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04514.jpg

DSC04511.jpg

DSC04508.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04501.jpg

04122010028.jpg

Looks really good Si , glad you went for a Westy , Look forward to your progress 8)

Well done Si, looks good. :D
Thank god you didn't cut a hole in a tin top :lol: :oops: :roll:

leon said:
Well done Si, looks good. :D
Thank god you didn't cut a hole in a tin top :lol: :oops: :roll:
Talking of cutting holes, just seen the american diner pics about time you updated your thread 8)

Had a quick look trhough the folder of stuff that came with the van and it looks like it was originally imported in 1974 and given a date plate (N reg) but also have a DVLA and volkwagen owners club certificates stating its a 69 built between 01/01/69 and 31/07/69 chassis number 239 1** ***, the letter and cert are dated 1999 so been in the UK for some time (does this mean i can call it a uk citizen :lol: )
Anyone with any more info on the bus please let me know, looks like it spent a lot of time on the south coast, receipts mainly for Devon areas

Latest posts