New Mafia member

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice one Si,
love it mate - well done keeping that under your hat! bet you cant wait for some good weather now!

Nothing really to update as i've been decorating but it turns out it used to be a full bulkhead thats been converted to a walkthrough (not that it matters)
The engine runs and sounds sweet (30 pict carb on a single port 1600) with stainless J tubes and exhaust.
Brakes seem good (drums all round)
All electrics appear to work
Just need to get some bodywork sorted (front step /arch, some rusty guttering, rear roof cut and various small bits and peices) then MOT and then use it.
Will lower it at some point (cheers for pointing that out sparkywig :lol: ) and the wife wants to sort out the interior.
Plannig on getting it ready (or in a usable state) for show season.
I will update with pics (if i remember ;) )
And its name is 'Sparkle or sparkley' according to the daughter (as apparently i sold her van so this must be her new 1 therefore she can call it whatever she likes :? )

froggy said:
we'll have to try and organise another Surrey meet sometime.
yeah will do - th emost obvious thing seems to be a surrey air cooled meet on a wednesday at the fairmile cant remember ifits first or second in the month?? but i reckon soon as you got the bus legal we should head on out :p

The tax runs out end of Jan so would ideally like it legal for then, might do whats required for the MOT and then play around afterwards.
Surrey Aircooled meet sounds good.
Know any camper freindly MOT places around here?

froggy said:
The tax runs out end of Jan so would ideally like it legal for then, might do whats required for the MOT and then play around afterwards.
Will PM you about MOT ;)

r73 said:
froggy said:
Will PM you about MOT ;)
Say no more :party0010:

surrey aircooled is the 1st wed of the month but not jan because of new year and people being away not to mention the weather the next meet is Wednesday feb 2nd see you there

bigdaz said:
surrey aircooled is the 1st wed of the month but not jan because of new year and people being away not to mention the weather the next meet is Wednesday feb 2nd see you there
Gives me a time line to work to!

Ok so i've finally got some pictures sorted, here are the good

DSCF1804.jpg

SO67 - 1969

DSCF1806.jpg

DSCF1807.jpg

DSCF1811.jpg

DSCF1812.jpg

DSCF1810.jpg

DSCF1805.jpg

DSCF1808.jpg

DSCF1809.jpg

The bad

DSCF1814.jpg

Just needs cleaning and 2 bars missing

and now the ugly

DSCF1815.jpg

DSCF1816.jpg

DSCF1817.jpg

DSCF1818.jpg

DSCF1820.jpg

All in all still happy with 'Sparkle' just needs some work before she can truly sparkle

froggy said:

Hi Simon,

Nice to see some pictures up, the view above looks dead strange to me, the wheel is on the wrong side. :lol:

Looks like you have a few jobs to do, but will be great when your done and RHD. 8) 8).

Cheers mate,
Just need to sort out some welding gas in the new year and then i#ll get stuck in, the house is nearly done so hopefully i'll finally get some time on the van, its really strange that i've had it 3 or 4 weeks and haven;t done anything :?

Latest posts