Pain in't arse

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fun never stops with these does it :D So, nearside done and on to the offside at least I don't have to put sidelining on the sliding door that was doing my head in plus the smell of contact adhesive was doing my head in even more - the battle for curtains continues :) :)

Whoohoo, well finally got the sliding door quarterlight in, just the window to drop in then i will have all new rubbers apart from the rear hatch which will be soon oh and the door scrapers and all that but i doubt I will bother with the doors this year due to the financials :( scrapers and door seals and the rest all adds up.

I nearly have curtains, thought I would pop them on to cheer me up, bought off ebay for £80.00, no doubt they will get a nice coat of paint as the rear quarters get sprayed.

Of curtain rails, the front rails are a absolute fekker, I haven't seen many photos of peoples rails to show me how it's done, it drove me mental and I was about to trash them until my brother took over who has the patience of a saint. There must be a simpler way to do it?

Fold out table installed, welded a couple of rivnuts in the panel rib. The bracket I bought and is a bit shit so i shall manufacture a better one when I can be arsed

Table in and interior is starting to look a bit camperish

Tailgate now painted Hoorah! That's most of the top 'arf done now, when the enthusiasm fires up again then finish the back off and moved forward to the doors. People who own campervans are MENTAL!!! Still it's better then getting on with writing my CV!! :party0009: :party0041: :sick0019:

Went for a blast over the weekend, and then pulled the plugs, crap pointless photo but it is running too rich with the 145 main jets so swapped them down to 140 jets so i shall give it a rip over to York tomorrow and see hows its running with those jets.

Well I've been nowhere to try the jets as I can't get out due to looking after my dear old Dad who's been diagnosed with cancer once again and the first round of Chemo starts again and at 82 he gonna need a lot of care :( Stanford is now out of the question - cock
Anyway on the plus side the bus is getting more paint added to it

Cheers George i really appreciate it, It's not pleasant but he lives on his own so I can't really get out to work. Still work proceeds on the bus. I must try and call over and drop off that belt line trim, I haven't used any of them.

subheatadey said:
Whoohoo, well finally got the sliding door quarterlight in, just the window to drop in then i will have all new rubbers apart from the rear hatch which will be soon oh and the door scrapers and all that but i doubt I will bother with the doors this year due to the financials :( scrapers and door seals and the rest all adds up.

I nearly have curtains, thought I would pop them on to cheer me up, bought off ebay for £80.00, no doubt they will get a nice coat of paint as the rear quarters get sprayed.

Of curtain rails, the front rails are a absolute fekker, I haven't seen many photos of peoples rails to show me how it's done, it drove me mental and I was about to trash them until my brother took over who has the patience of a saint. There must be a simpler way to do it?

Tried to do the same job with the curtain rail the other day. Managed to get one in with a load of faff and snapped the second one, absolute nightmare! Well done for getting there in the end.

Good efforts dude. Looking sweet.

Bet that engine / exhaust combo sounds awesome.

Might see you at one of our 'Northern' shows ??

Next May BH, Volksfling at Biggar, Scotland. Then we are going to Mighty Dubfest at alnwick castle, Volksfest at Redcar, Bugjam and probably VW Festival at Harewood House, Leeds. I fancy the one at York in September but not sure yet. There was a lot of guvvy work to pay for that lot :shock:

I will try my best to get to some of them, went to the one at York and it was really good.
Backend now looks like this :D

But the side still look like this :(

Slowly slowly catchy fekking monkey!

Final panels finished, using some cheap 'shite' plyboard and stretchy van lining material which is too thick really and causes a lot of problems but on the plus side it is thick.

Conclusion being that if i had the money - which i don't :shock: I would just farm it out to someone did I mention I'm skint :(

Another panel is now finished, it would of got done last week but I received the wrong paint, but the company I got it from were great and sent the right colour, now I have 3.5 litres of marina blue L54D if anyone is interest :eek:

Latest posts