Polishing up a bus,is there a method to it?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbedup67

Reaction score
I want to polish my bus up as the paint is rather oxidised.
I've bought some g3 mops for my grinder and some compound.
Is there anything else I need.
And is there a method to it,or is it simply wash crap off g3 compound on n buff with the pad then wash again?

I know it's a stupid question but I've not really polished up my dubs before.

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt

Just take it easy, You'll be surprised how quickly you can burn through the paint if you over-polish it or don't get the technique right.

If you've used a machine polisher before you'll be ok just take care, if you haven't i'd consider getting someone who is familiar with machine polishers to show you how to do it :)

Lainey

Thanks man.looking back at what I've ordered I think the pads are for a DA n won't fit on a standard grinder.:/
Can you buy polishing pads for standard grinders?

Yeah you can, Do you have any local detailing places near you? They'll be able to advise you the best thing to get (and also give you advise on machine polishing too ;) )

You need a polishing mop no a friken grinder they are to fast mops have variable speed switches and no you can't use a da

Sorry to state the obvious, but don't forget to polish and wax after you're done. Otherwise it will look chalky within a week.

if its the new g3 in the yellow and blue bottle it should be a dry system but a little bit of water from a plant sprayer is ok to much and you will be washing the white crap of your bus for weeks lol :lol:

Grinders spin well over 10.000rpm
A mop is around 700rpm to 1500rpm.
Do it by hand g3 is quire course it might be best to use finesse cutting compond first.
Or just try polish that has a mild cutting compond in it don't forget to wax afterwards.
Take your time it will take you a good day to-do it.
;)
Good luck

Latest posts