POOR OLD POE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camperman3617865

Reaction score
As OLD POE is now in the building, i thought some of this boards members would like to see what we are going to do with him.

Just for reference this is what he started as.

Quotepictures033.jpg

This came next

15DEC7.jpg

15DEC8.jpg

15DEC16.jpg

15DEC15.jpg

15DEC11.jpg

Then we released Andy's o'neal flip-flop from under the pedals

15DEC17.jpg

Now back to pulling it apart

Just as well we have a new A post from floor to roof already delivered. When we cut the A post it released the pressure on the roof and all but one dent dissapeared, we have arranged for the local dent devil guy to do his magic on it so there is no need for any filler.

15DEC14.jpg

15DEC21.jpg

We then started removing the panels from the front, this eventually enabled us get the front seats out... up untill this time, we couldnt slide the drivers seat off its runners as the front of the van was too far back

15DEC20.jpg

15DEC28.jpg

looking forward to seeing his in the flesh, living in athy it shouldnt be a prob, see you at demon dubs when shes back on the road, oh and mine is back together after the winter

Glad to see that you are saving OLD POE!

Although the front clip is now missing it is amazing how by just removing the mangled metal it actually looks a lot less sad totally salvageable..... there is plenty fight left in the old Bus yet!

I guess you could call this the Bionic Bus..... you can rebuild it!

Good Luck and I'll be watching this one with great interest :wink:

Dan

I have questions(?????)(1)Are u doing the work yourself. Do u have a rough time for completion.Why,this vehicle.Are u married,any kids(u'll never get it done,jus kidding).
But,hey check this out....TENCHHUT!! I Salaute you....Nuff Nuff respect

Yeah when you see it all stripped like that, you realise that sme people do this, on a resto and still have a rusty chassis to deal with.

how is your broken leg/foot by the way :? .

the flip flop removal made me cringe :|

pecton said:
I have questions(?????)(1)Are u doing the work yourself. Do u have a rough time for completion.Why,this vehicle.Are u married,any kids(u'll never get it done,jus kidding).
But,hey check this out....TENCHHUT!! I Salaute you....Nuff Nuff respect

I,m not doing the work myself Russ (camperman) from http://www.justdubz.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is doing all the work, he's responsable for this restoration job http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=433930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The job was far beyond my capabilities, I don,t really feel I'm throwing money at her all I want is my van back to how she was. The insurance company have paid the full repair bill, i,ll get a better camper back that will be virtually rot free.
Around 3 months to complete the work.
Not married me :D at 36 I've no kids as yet :shock: (or none that I know of :lol: ) so theres only me & Helen to please.
Why this Vehicle? well she was my keeper, I have no plans to sell her, she's a RHD UK van & besides she looked after me in the crash, it could of been a lot worse than a broken foot :roll: so it's my turn to look after Old Poe.
Andy

Johnny said:
how is your broken leg/foot by the way :? .

the flip flop removal made me cringe :|
My broken foot is healed now thanks for asking, it still aches every so often & I notice in the house when I'm sat bare footed the broken foot is warm & the other is cold :? but hey ho i'll plod on, got my first run out with my football team last week so I'm on the right lines, I've just got to keep training to force my way back in the first 11...
The flip flop :oops: before peeps say I know I should'nt be driving in them but I could'nt get the bugger out at home so I asked Russ if he could release it when he dismantled the van, I've been to Thailand in them as well as Europe & all round the UK so when it returns the Super glue is coming out :mrgreen:
Andy

camperman3617865 said:
i thought some of this boards members would like to see what we are going to do with him.
you bet!!! :D
remembering the wrestle Andy had with the insurance, If (heaven forbid) this were to happen to another member, then there is photographic proof of just what can be done and possibly sway the insurance assesor to realising that people have this work (and more) done out of choice sometimes (maybe due to rot) and so authorise repair.

Thanks for posting, glad to hear Andy on the mend ...loads of photos PLEASE!
Rob :)

While i was cutting more bent metal off the van today i got fed up of banging my head on the windscreen surround ....so i did this to it :roll:

19DEC5.jpg

At least i can stop cutting my head open

I then cleaned off the metal that was welded to the chassis rails, taking some corrosion with it. :D

19DEC13.jpg

19DEC11.jpg

I had to realign the pedal assembly as it had been bent down and to the right in the impact

Fantastic work going on here,just in case u want one of these let me know

carol2023.jpg

carol2025.jpg

Latest posts