Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive been putting it off and off, too cold, van to far away (got it home in the garage now) i think i probably got the same volume of work and it was encouraging to see how you tackled the sills as this is the job that scares me the most.

good progress looking forward to more pics 8)

Blimey, your phone pix are better quality than my camera :shock: .
Im feeling for you mate. My last bus needed most panels repairing in some way. Paid the pro's to put a new front panel on but i sufferd the same with my front arches, hidden rust and arches on arches from the po's. Did me own B posts aswell 8) .
To be honest it takes a sertain sort of person to carry on with a classic vehicle in need of a full resto. I sold mine on as i gave up. Possibly due to the pressures to keep it on the road through the spring,summer and autumn months. As im sure you can apreciate that would be easier said than done.
Glad to see yours is comming on well though.
Will be a cool ride when its done though 8)

Rich

Thanks for the comments guys :D

Does seem to take for ever, but has to be ready for at least May (not sure what to do about paint tho' as I can't afford a respray :( )

Why do these things take so long for some people!!!

Just so that I can show you that I still have the van, here are a few pictures:

NoFloor.jpg

ExSeatTubs.jpg

BehindtheFrontSeats.jpg

And finally, a view of it being used as a storage device:
ImHere.jpg

The deadline is the end of June so I am hoping to see some movement within the next few weeks or so :D

Nice Progress!

By the way.... if I'm not mistaken it looks like some of your welds are spots.... what spot welder do you have/use?

Thanks for all the positive comments guys 8)

Can't wait for it to roll on the road all legal :mrgreen:

Camperdan said:
Nice Progress!

By the way.... if I'm not mistaken it looks like some of your welds are spots.... what spot welder do you have/use?

It's a 'Clarke CSW13T' - does the job 'spot on'......

Apart from the body work, to get it through it's MOT will also require:

Upper/Lower ball joints.
Brake pipes.
Shock's all round.

Think that's it (already have new lights and stuff).

Cheers

Thanks for the info.

Is the 'Clarke CSW13T' the one with the fuzzy logic control? Has anyone found anywhere that sells these for a good price as I've only seen them at Machine Mart I think and they are not cheap?

Keep the progress pics coming! :D

Gutted :(

Daily driver needs a fortune spending on it so won't be able to do any work on the van so my plans to use it for my holiday in August are now shattered :evil:

Considering selling the bus as is at the moment as totally gutted :?

gninnam said:
Considering selling the bus as is at the moment as totally gutted :?

Sounds like a moment of satisfaction to see it gone would be followed by a lifetime of regret that you didn't see the job through!!

Keep it, you've managed for 5 years as and when time and funds allow - if its not been in the way upto now then it'll be fine for another 5 years ;)

Latest posts