Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good mate. looks nearly ready for prep :D all that talk of sacking it off an a few months later there is a light at the end, im even talking of painting my bus this year and thet has just notched into four years since the mot ran out :shock: . if the lack of progress on your bus bus ever gets you down buy it something nice. Then you end up with a nice pile of goodies to go on the van when its sprayed, and your not hit with £1.5k of extras to get it on the road.

Thanks guys.

Would love to keep on buying bits, but the pot (and the wife's patience ran out many months back) :mrgreen:

Cheers

Andy

Glad your keeping the van so much time and effort and you can ask for cheap parts on here looks like your getting through it i know what its like to do things on a budget but it will be worth it in the end good luck and keep up the good work cheers Frankie.

i know it is annoying that it takes forever. but it is the only way i these things can be done, especially in terms of finding the cash. i have basically been swallowing up the £100 per month the family was putting aside for a new car ever since i started restoring my bus. :shock: and it has swallowed up my bonus from two years ago (sat in the bank waiting for it to be ready for spray) and pretty much every spare penny i have begged borrowed or stole for 4 years. :lol:

you've put some top work into this mate, i wouldn't even know where to start!

keep it up as it'll all be worth it in the end

Gutted today - some good work carried out and the battery in the camera died so had to use my phone - bad light plus poor lens equals cr@p photo's :evil:

Any-who - here are the best of the worst (will get the camera charged, but won't be able to get down until next weekend (family commitments and such..) pictures that I could get.
Just a few small jobs to be done before the cargo floor is put in and then all seamed - then look to put something on to protect the underneath from the worst of the weather.
Next will be all new brake pipes - all of them and all the other bits too (shocks, bushes, grease etc) then possibly MOT - hoping for March, but I have said that before ;)

No particular order (they are cr@p...):

NearsideFront2.jpg

NearsideFront1.jpg

NearsideFront.jpg

FrontFull2.jpg

FrontFull1.jpg

Front.jpg

CabFloor6.jpg

CabFloor5.jpg

CabFloor4.jpg

CabFloor3.jpg

CabFloor2.jpg

CabFloor1.jpg

Went round this morning with the battery charged :oops:

A few areas to finish off and seam sealing plus the cargo floor to do :D

Here are the pictures - quite a few I'm afraid......

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Front3quarter.jpg

Cheers

looking good, bit of renewed interest for 2011 hey, that's always a scarey one when you check the tax disc date :lol:

keep up the good work.

Andy, good to see you're back on the case ! Spring's on the way, followed by summer nights, let's all give the resto work a good push for 2011 and get all these old tubs back on the road !!! In a couple of years we'll all be looking back on the work we've done and feeling well proud of ourselves . Keep up the good work mate, it's coming on nicely,

that looks very close mate. nearly ready for prep. looks like a few new buses will be reaching the road again this year. cant wait to go to a show and relax rather than the usual parts trawl. :D

Thanks for the comments guys :D

Started to get excited again as the end is nigh, but not kidding myself that there is still a fair bit to do :shock:

BUT - it will be on the road (legally) this year - mark my words ;)

tell you what guys its nice to just go to a show and all you buy is polish and polishing cloths, rather than grinding wheels, welding products and body panels :mrgreen:

keep it up - little and often is the key

uber cool said:
tell you what guys its nice to just go to a show and all you buy is polish and polishing cloths, rather than grinding wheels, welding products and body panels :mrgreen:

keep it up - little and often is the key

You been speaking to my missus :lol:

Yep, looking forward to that day alright ;)

looking at your pics now reminds me where i got to in november and put my tools down for the winter. really need to get back in to it so will go and take stock this weekend and get re inspired

thanks for the kick start

keep the pics coming :)

Nugsy said:
looking at your pics now reminds me where i got to in november and put my tools down for the winter. really need to get back in to it so will go and take stock this weekend and get re inspired

thanks for the kick start

keep the pics coming :)

Hope it does kick start you and your welcome ;)

Spent this morning (3 hours) getting the cr@py JK cargo floor panels into the van. Plenty of cutting and hammering to fit but fit it did. ;)
Went underneath and scribed the areas ready for drilling the holes for the plug welding.
But before doing this, I'm going to treat everything that will be under the floor to some protection.

Before I started:

IMG_0909.jpg

Then after trimming and bashing:
IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

Just the offside panel:
IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

A few up-skirt shots:
IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

Going to get the BiltHamber stuff as the write up looks good.

Nothing till next weekend I'm afraid :mrgreen:

WOW Take my hat off to you fella, i can fully appreciate the amount of work your putting into this. Just read the whole thread amazing.

Latest posts