Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel your pain over the time it’s taken to get to this stage. After doing all that hard work on the cleaning up and welding it would be a pity to pack it in now. You are putting all the new and/ or clean bits together now. [emoji3]

I have looked at your posts for a while and admired your dogged determination to get your bus on the road, I and I'm sure many others on here would hate to hear you have packed it in after all your hard work. I am sure you've been a inspiration to a lot of people and you can't call it a day now - keep going :anim_19:

Couldn’t agree more with the above comments [emoji106] ... this thread has been such an inspiration and reference point for me as I’m relatively new to all this malarkey and loving the journey.

Seriously hope you have a change of heart and continue with this epic restoration [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your kind words guys :)
For me it has been fun but shit at the same time - learned so much (like should have sold it when I realised how bad the van was and cut my loss then....).
I have totally lost the will - will keep on plodding on until it does sell.

"big sigh"

Hey Andy. You know my thread and the professional input from the guru Paul. He was also linked to loads of other projects and life’s ‘throw at you’ stuff. That’s why my bus took so long. But I knew it was in the right hands. Your bus is also in the right hands......YOU! We all have extra dynamics of life to get to deal with. I wasn’t building/renovating the bus, because I was on the wards doing exhausting stuff, and I hadn’t the skills you yourself have. But...It still came to a point where I thought....’got to be another 3 to 4 months, maybe even 6 months before I get my bus back’. And suddenly within a few weeks Paul says...MOT next week. I was yaying over and over. What I’m trying to say is that it all suddenly has breakthrough status. You’re achieving unbelievable successes and linked to all you can fit in in the time you allow with all your other commitments. I reckon it’ll suddenly go.....got this! You’ll think...Hey, Happy with this and roadworthy around the corner. And then, as per usual, it’s all the aesthetic stuff, after MOT status and relax and add to what you want the bus to look like. It doesn’t stop with Dubs does it? But......it changes and....The really enjoyable sit back and enjoy moments? I sit in my seat and look into the back of Billie thinking......Christmas battery driven lights would feel good when I’m sitting on the beach, in the dark, with a coffee brewing and ambient music playing on my MP3.....you know what I mean. 😉

:mrgreen:
I know where you are coming from.
But..to get my van to where yours is, is to be honest a hill to steep.......
I am still ordering things (another £180 on the last order) to move it forward but it is difficult to find the gumption to work on the van. Will still move forward but if someone offers me some cash for it (a fair price) then I won't hesitate to take it off them.

Working away next week so not expecting much work to be done and a busy weekend coming up so slow progress expected.

Anywho - onwards and upwards :lol:

Bought a tool to remove the nut that holds the oil spout to the dynamo stand:

20190706_150347_zpsjyetzvzx.jpg

And…… all it did was chip away at the metal on the nut so will not budge:

20190706_150352_zpsl8buf4uf.jpg

Had my son pushing down as I twisted but no go - so looks like more money will need to be spent!!

Painted the cargo area floor ready to put some sound proof stuff on then will shove the interior back in:

20190706_143939_zpspatzougd.jpg

20190706_143929_zpscbsuid8d.jpg

Tidied up the gear stick and associated bits and also the clutch and brake pedal.
No pics but will show later on ;)

After painting the cargo floor and leaving it to dry I started to lay some sound deadening stuff (plus will help to make sure the floor is level when I put the flooring in.

20190712_182043_zps2foh0mly.jpg

Rain stopped play so will hopefully get it done tomorrow.

Continued adding the sound deadening stuff and decided to cover the whole floor - but ran out.
Managed to cover around one third of the floor so will have to get some more next week.
Pics of it so far:

20190713_154335_zps09pmqsag.jpg

20190713_154400_zpsucin076e.jpg

Continued added the sound deadening stuff (again) - around ¾ now so hoping to finish tomorrow and then think about putting the interior back in :)

20190715_212018_zps0qd6vzyt.jpg

Also finished off spraying the cargo front air vent:

20190715_180521_zpsjju69wt6.jpg

How it looks in-situ:

20190715_211955_zpsflg5d7ez.jpg

Hi Andy, I had to remove the oil filler on mine as well but I bought one of the other tools that grips the inside of the nut and it worked at treat, a few pounds more than the slot one but not a lot and well worth a try before you get too extreme :) nice work though keep at it . :D

NickJ said:
Hi Andy, I had to remove the oil filler on mine as well but I bought one of the other tools that grips the inside of the nut and it worked at treat, a few pounds more than the slot one but not a lot and well worth a try before you get too extreme :) nice work though keep at it . :D
Cheers Nick.
I bought one the other day and will try it over the next few days :D

99% finished the floor - just have a few areas to finish off then all ready for the next stage :)

20190716_191947_zpsu4nljfc5.jpg

Hurrah. The new tool worked at removing the nut so here is the oil filler and breather tube in all its removed glory :)

20190717_194310_zps8cwkrhmo.jpg

After an hour of sanding down etc here it is removed of all its paint and stuff:

20190717_202835_zpslffz8klr.jpg

After a few coats of paint:

20190717_204638_zpsczwbt43t.jpg

20190717_204646_zpslpzisppb.jpg

Onwards and upwards!!

Latest posts