Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gninnam said:
Doris said:
nice work Andy,that looks tidy under there!What is the Bilt & Hamber stuff you are using - is it the dynax S50 wax?

Cheers :D

Yes, the wax is the S50 - just had enough with the one can, but wil need another to do a few bits missed.
Used the Hydrate 80 on the surface rust.

cool,I've got 5 cans of that ready for Doris,what's your thoughts on it?
better warmed up? 5 cans enough? what is that little brass nozzle like on the end of the tube - full 360 degree coverage? hope it looks as sweet as yours man.

Doris said:
cool,I've got 5 cans of that ready for Doris,what's your thoughts on it?
better warmed up? 5 cans enough? what is that little brass nozzle like on the end of the tube - full 360 degree coverage? hope it looks as sweet as yours man.

5 cans should do it easliy.
The brass nozzle seems to have a good spread - as I drew it out slowly, I rotated it slightly to make sure that it got a good coverage - didn't warm it, just shook it for a good 5 minutes and kept shaking it during the spraying (the can :msn4: ).

Good luck when you do it and mind the drips (didn't know but a blob landed on my stubble on the chin and a good scrub was needed to get it off :oops: (SWMBO thought it was gravy...)

Andy,

A little help please.
One of your pics, Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:50, shows the NSF bulkhead rear of wheel arch. (Tried to copy the pic but failed!)
Here the ends of the inner & middle sill protrude through the bulkhead & are ready for welding.
Question: What did you do with these?
Are they left at this length & plug or seam welded together, or are they cut back at all. If so what length?
Any tips at all would be useful.

PS I found an oversill on top of my oversill.
PPS 2 weeks since last post. No pressure :)

Thanks, Phil.

Jees Andy you got a real rocket on this year :shock: looking top class, my bus is 40 March 30th 2012 so that is my 'on the road' target date hopefully with an interior :lol:

I got roped into decorating the house but as of now its all done so its back to the bus for sure.

RePhil
Yep they are left like that, when i did mine i plugged together then seamed all round the outside and ground back to look tidy (ish)

Type20265.jpg

Whoops Phil - sorry but I missed this :shock:

Nugsy's right about what he said ;)

I had panels on top of panels with mine also - you get used to it after a while - especially the 2 cm thick filler :evil:

Nugsy, Thanks for your pic & info.

Andy, Likewise & no sweat with reply, I only posted it late last night & you replied within 12 hrs. Plenty quick enough for me.

Thanks both.

Phil.

Tramping on Andy, on the homeward straight now ! .
Good to see you're getting the support from the other guys, not only for the cracking work and progress but
also for the support you give to everyone else.
When you look back on the 'down' time, you'll have a right old grin on your chops driving
around this summer, good luck to ya mate !

Awesome work!

Good skills.

Bet you still have the paint on your hands! I got some on me last week and it is still there today! :?

Tintop said:
Hi mate

Michael is working his magic can't wait to see it when it comes out.

Me too, though I have taken over the welding jobs and will be doing all the finishing work, but get to do it in his garage so get to also use his tools too. :mrgreen:

Well, not a lot done over the last few weeks due to family get together and the garage being closed for a long weekend, but managed to get a few hours in this morning and do a spot of welding (must be getting rusty as it was pretty pants today).

Just connecting the floor the the rear and front bulkheads (is that what they are called??), then next weekend will spend a full day and weld the sides and do a general tidy up, ready for a splash of paint (oh, not to forget seam sealer etc..)

Just a few, not very exciting pictures:

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

Cheers for looking :D

Not much to add as not spent much time in the garage over the last 4 weeks due to family stuff :(

Not quite finished the floor - tidying up the edge nearest the sliding door but ran out of gas again so will continue next week :roll:
No pics of that as didn't take my camera...

Took off the rear bumper hangers and the bumper itself as I can sort these out in my home garage.
The rear off-side chassis which the rear bumper hanger bolts to is no more and found out why.
Looks like they had trouble getting the bracket off at some stage (knackered bolts) so it had been welded on but the rear chassis is just rust around it - no pics again as no camera.

I have taken a few pics below of the offending bracket - hope to get it sorted, but not sure how bad the rust and welding is yet :evil:

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

The bumper looks to be in good nick - will see if I can get it sandblasted at work in a week or 2 then see what needs to be done - hoping just a respray :D

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

Cheers

Spent the morning trying to finish off the cargo floor but couldn't find a piece of angled metal to sort out the off-side - my mates garage not open next weekend (he's off on hols) and the following weekend I'm off on a once-in-a-lifetime jolly so nothing more to show until June......

Cheers ;)

sparkywig said:
Don't you want to get this finished?

;)

Yes, but if the garage where I'm working in is shut and I am away the following weekend, then not much I can do :(

(cheeky monkey ;) )

Latest posts