Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using a grinding face shield for a number of years now Andy. It takes a little while to get used to it but it's so much easier when wearing glasses and also stops shit getting in your face when laid under the bus.
Thanks for the info Si, will visit the local motorfactors to see what they have.

Checking the inability to get it in gear I decided to adjust the clutch cable by 2 turns of the wing nut.
Bingo, can now get it in gear...................and then a bang.
No resistance when depressing the clutch pedal so thought the cable had snapped.Checked underneath and all looks good.
Got the wife to press the clutch while I am underneath and you can see the the leaver moving as it should.

FFS :(

Probably - problem is the van is facing the wrong way for me to get the engine out and my drive is on an angle so again it will be difficult to push/pull!!!

A massive thanks to everyone on this forum who has help me over the last 17 years but today I said goodbye to the van (thanks Graham) and I am now bus less......
The clutch issue was the final straw and after a chat with the wife we both decided that someone new should take it on and hopefully take it to the next level :(

20220526_110900.jpg

A shame, but understandable. Well done for getting that far, don't be a stranger.
Hope it sells quickly and the next owner will be very lucky to get it.

J & P
:D:D:D

Good to meet you yesterday Andy, its safely back at the unit and hoping to pull the engine over the weekend to see whats gone wrong.

Oh! So sorry to hear you’d run out of steam. Your tenacity though! Been a great insight into your determination to get such a massive project up and finished. You have given many members here so much insight and knowledge along the journey. And you’re such a nice bloke too. No airs and graces. Hope to see you in a VeeDub somewhere down the line. Maybe another working/road ready bus that you spot in the future that calls out your name. All the best and Good Fortune Andy. 👍

Thanks all for your kind words - this is why I love this forum and group of members 🤩
I have always had a hankering for an aircooled Beetle but will have see how it goes over the next few years and will keep on dropping in.
Once I get the bike I will post some piccies in this thread ;)

Thanks all for your kind words - this is why I love this forum and group of members 🤩
I have always had a hankering for an aircooled Beetle but will have see how it goes over the next few years and will keep on dropping in.
Once I get the bike I will post some piccies in this thread ;)
Get a type 3

Latest posts