Propex Heater Intallation

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olance

Reaction score
Hello All

I have my propex heater ready to go in the van, I have looked at the install instructions and am a bit confused. I am planning on putting the heater under the back seat. The instruction manual says I need to drill some holes in the van floor for the exhaust pipe and combustion air inlet pipe. Before jumping in, any suggestions/pictures would be helpful. I ahve had a look under the wooden floor and don't see any existing holes that I can use that are the requires 40mm.

Cheers

I have mine in the centre, but I would suggest to go a few inches either way as it was very tight fitting the pipes on the other side over the gearbox
where abouts SE London are you ?
Propex2.jpg

Propex1.jpg

Propex3.jpg

Hi
I'm just down the road from you on Peckham Rye and I installed my propex earlier this year.
No pics but you're welcome to have a look
It's not difficult but you do need to check and dble check before you drill holes!
cheers
Gerry

Volks World magazine did an article with some useful photos a while back. I don't know what issue because I have it as part of their compilation book called "All Practical Articles on Customising and Restoring a Bus From 2000 to June 2007". Check their website for details.

As shown in Harlequin's photo, it needs to go on the lower slope and definitely NOT on the upper one (behind which is your fuel tank).

The articles recommends drilling small pilot holes and then checking underneath where they are coming out.

All is well in the land of propex heating - I have drilled the holes in the floor rather than the lower slope and have fitted the heater, pipes and ahve screweds it oin place. and will be connecting the gas and power tomorrow - I work with some clever engineers who know about all these things. I will get some pictures up in the near future with how I did it.

Cheers to you all.

Wannabay - I used to live on Gowlett Road til 2 years ago, I have probably seen your van parked somewhere!

olance said:
All is well in the land of propex heating - I have drilled the holes in the floor rather than the lower slope and have fitted the heater, pipes and ahve screweds it oin place. and will be connecting the gas and power tomorrow - I work with some clever engineers who know about all these things. I will get some pictures up in the near future with how I did it.

Cheers to you all.

Wannabay - I used to live on Gowlett Road til 2 years ago, I have probably seen your van parked somewhere!

Looking forward to the pictures, i have a old propex waiting to be fitted, i just dont know where to start!

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts