Quality shift rod bushes, where from?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiDev

Reaction score
After all the embarrassing 1st into reverse gear changes, I changed the front gear shift rod bush at the weekend and its made no difference. Gutted. So i'm guessing the one at the rear needs replacing and having crawled underneath it looks pretty ropey. Having searched it seems the best advice is to discard the metal cage that the replacements come with and use the original with a new bush, but who sells the best bushes?

Schofields sell Wolfburg West ones. They are still not as good as OG. I've just replaced mine and I kept the existing rear as it was better than the new one.

SiDev said:
After all the embarrassing 1st into reverse gear changes, I changed the front gear shift rod bush at the weekend and its made no difference. Gutted. So i'm guessing the one at the rear needs replacing and having crawled underneath it looks pretty ropey. Having searched it seems the best advice is to discard the metal cage that the replacements come with and use the original with a new bush, but who sells the best bushes?

If you're going from 1st to reverse accidently you maybe need look at your gear shifter - there should be a gate on that to prevent going into reverse without pushing the button.

Fixing might be as easy as just shifting the gear stick housing a few mm by loosening off the 2 bolts ...

slow-lane-Matt said:
SiDev said:

If you're going from 1st to reverse accidently you maybe need look at your gear shifter - there should be a gate on that to prevent going into reverse without pushing the button.

Fixing might be as easy as just shifting the gear stick housing a few mm by loosening off the 2 bolts ...

It's a Scat quick shift so no plate, and I have played around with its position and its still no good. There's a fair amount of play when I shake the rear end of th shift rod so I reckon that's the issue.

Kev946 said:
Might be worth taking the nose cone off and replacing the hockey stick bush

+1, it's easy and made big difference to mine

The repo bushes were so shit I just about used the rear one and had to reuse original front 1

jonboylaw said:
If doing the hockey stick bush, replace it with the brass one, not the nylon one.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the brass one from please?

Thanks for the pointers fellas, picked up the bushes for the rear of the rod that sit in the cage from Megabug at Grill n Chill, they look ok, and certainly better than what's in there now. Will update when I've swapped them over.

Latest posts