Ready to cover the camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdeano

Reaction score
Hi all, this will be my first winter with the camper, got a cover as it will be on the drive, anyone got any tips, do's & dont's for the winter period?, will only be using the bus probably a couple of times over the next few months, read about damp inside so trying to avoid if possible, cheers dean

get breathable cover Just Kampers do one, my wife found a dehumidifer in Aldi comes with three bags of silica gel so i stuck that in my bus too.

Jim

Get a good cover like a Hamilton the JK ones are ok but I have to use two, :shock: I double them up together to make it 100% water proof, always park it up on hard ground ie; concrete, tarmac surfaces, as parking up for long periods on grass will not do your underside any favours.
Try to keep your Bus well waxed as this makes the cover slip on/off easier, give it a good airing on dry days & try to drive it
a couple of times a month this is not only good for the mechanic's but for your tyres, & always recover your Bus in a dry clean state, that's my 2p worth. :lol:
OH................& try to park it in a sheltered spot if possible as the wind along with the cover can rub your paint off. :shock:

we are to tight for a dehumidifier, but its in the garage, we bung a few bags of rice in the bugger but to be fair we do use it till the salter cum out.

I've never had a problem with condensation inside my Bus, but I do open it up quite often usually on a saturday when me & the Dog's go in there to listen to the local Rugby on the Radio, & maybe have a little kipp when the Mrs is not around. :msn4: ;)

Latest posts