recurring intermittent problem.... any ideas or advice?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adski

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was having issues with my bus stalling when slowing down coming to traffic lights, roundabouts etc. After restart it would lose power when accelerating and then stall. I replaced the points and condenser with new ones and checked the timing and this seemed to sort the problem. Been running fine until today.
Travelled 50miles up to Stonor Park today and bus was running sweet then on the way back home after about 20 miles the problem happened again. Managed to get to a safe spot on the side of the road, pulled off the dizzy cap to have a look but couldn't see anything obvious. Put dizzy cap back on and bus started with no problems then went 30 miles back home with no bother. Drove home on the edge of my seat waiting for it to go again but was fine. Any ideas? I noticed the distributor was very hot, but I thought they run quite hot anyway? Maybe a new distributor is needed? Change points for electronic ignition? Or maybe it's something else and not to do with the distributor at all?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Adam

Worth changing the coil before spending £££s on anything like a dizzy. Mine only lasted a couple of years before it starting causing me grief before eventually breaking and pin pointing the problem

creationblue said:
Worth changing the coil before spending £££s on anything like a dizzy. Mine only lasted a couple of years before it starting causing me grief before eventually breaking and pin pointing the problem

Cheers, I'll try that first.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the coil was going out swapped the coil and all was fine

Cheers tubdub, I've ordered a new coil and fingers crossed it will sort the problem.

Latest posts