Respray

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
How much would u expect to spend on a respray on your bus pluss a few dents sorted etc.
I'm not talking about a show winner job , just a blow over same as original colour.

I realise you get what u pay for !

When i looked into it, i was quoted £1600 to primer and topcoat but with no prep work. For a full re spray they wanted between £3 and 5k

Did it myself in the end!!

I have always imagined putting £5000 away for a very decent drive in drive out job including all the prep.

Think show winning paint jobs start at that price and probably rise to 8k plus!

I imagine there would also need to be a slush fund available incase any bodger nasties revealed themselves once prep commenced

Anything from £3k upwards seems to be the going rate, there's a lot of panels on a bay and if it's a pop top and that needs painting then allow more.

My previous van, bottom half respray, bare metal prep was £3000.... Not cheap but you get what you pay for (hopefully!)

+ window rubbers, Door rubbers, door scrapers and trims, door handle trims, washer jets, removing and refitting everything (inc the glass), etc etc

I spent 3k 8 years ago on my old Astra, took over a month to prep, and paint. Car had obviously been a car wash car swirls on paint :cry: vowed never to have a black car
Ever again after this one. Used to drive me insane seeing polish dust, I've since seeked therapy :lol:
Before

After

All my cars have been black too. Birds love crapping on the reflective paint thinking that it's water from above.

I did mine at home for a total cost of about £250 including the paint, spray equipment & consumables :mrgreen: but I don't think it will win any prizes, mind you I don't worry too much where I park it though :lol:

That's one of the next thinks to do
And I'm not doing it period!
Stick to what your good at I say!
And that's not much :lol:

What is worrying is the prices that
Are coming out has anyone had it done
What was done and aprox cost!

I live in the northwest so it should be
Around 12 Ginny's :D

Marriedblonde said:
I wont ask why you would spend £3K on an astra, let alone on a respray for one :)

But black cars are the way forward. I only ever order black cars, for years both mine and the mrs have driven black ones.

J.
Because I was stupid :lol: went from that to my Mk2 Golf, much more fun on 3 wheels on corners :mrgreen:

Not at paint stage for my camper, but my other half will be spraying it for me, hence it's taken 5 years not a month... And defiantly won't be black

There's probably not a definitive answer to the original question, as it depends on the condition of the bus in question and the owners definition of a respray????

Also I'd guess, which end of the country your at???

Also what is or not included, undersealing etc, painting wheels, replacing & realigning 2nd hand panels???

And as Toad says stripping down n building up, something most owners could do they're selves ??????

Also welding is a totally different thing to a respray!!?????

Latest posts