reverse gear issue!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
Hello

My bay has recently developed an issue where it pops out of reverse, I have never had this in the past, but have just fitted a different gearstick,and engine, I also removed the gearbox to clean it!

I want to eliminate the gearbox itself as an issue, so was wondering if its possible to put the gearbox in reverse while it is disconnected to the gearstick and shaft.

it may be worth mentioning that I am currently running a 1303s box with a french slammer style front mount
SP-70347-M.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Mark

You can, but surely it is easier to get the back end of the van on axle stands, put it in reverse and then remove the gearstick? Just start the van with the clutch depressed as should be done normally anyway.

Otherwise, you just have to mimic the action of the gearstick on the selector rod itself, but you might find you don't have enough leverage to manipulate it into gear. If you were lying under the van with head towards the front, selector rod would be rotated anti-clockwise and then pulled towards the front of the van to select reverse.... I think!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reverse is to the the left and back, so the gearshift rod rotates clockwise and moves towards the front of the bus.
If the gearbox is in front of you with the nosecone nearest you, rotate the end of the hockey stick anticlockwise and pull it towards you.

Latest posts