rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
raveboy said:
Everything OK Sparky ?? No posts lately, Have you reached an impasse ? :idea:

:lol:

No, just got to the stage where I'm using it as much as I can this summer.
Apart from a bit of front arch modification/tubbing, there's nothing urgent to be done other than fill it up with fuel, drive it, and drink cider in a field somewhere. :D

Max respect cider brother :party0047: . Enjoying them is the main thing. Ours is almost identical to the green one parked next to you in the picture above. Gotta do my first engine out job on him in a couple of weeks to replace the oil cooler and check the clutch and seals etc. Bit nervous but really looking forward to it - What can go wrong eh ?? Any way, have you thought about comin over to the Isle of Wight for either of the 2 shows we have on during July, August ??
Look forward to your next posts as always and keep the pint filled up :D
Rave

What awning is that your using? I like the front entry layout and I reckon it might match my bus nicely :)

Neil

Thought I'd better fit the sliding door rubber after last weeks water ingress, not bad really, only a little leak after 2 1/2 years with no seal.
Wish I hadn't started now though.... :lol:

Can't take the track cover off as the window aperture is rotten, so I released the bottom runner to swing the door out and support it.

OK, so far so good, but no.....

the old rubber had been glued in, so after half an hour's scraping and picking bits of granular rubber out, more work for the winter.....

Oh well, back to it I s'pose.

I've acquired a lower sliding door bracket from my old mate ozziedog, but b*gger me, the middle bracket bushes decided to pack up just before we went away causing the rear of the door to drop and so not shut properly.
That was fun in the rain I can tell you, having a couple of attempts to slam the sliding door from outside and then running through the awning and around to the cab door to access the bus.
Funny looks from our neighbours. :lol:
Anyway, the nice people at Deimos Air-Cooled have supplied me with some new bushes, so that's Saturday taken care of....

Another picture of the bus in a field, this time it's Upper Lynstone Caravan & Camping Park, Bude.

A couple of views of the upper camping field and surrounding area.

The canal and some ducks...

A shot at the beach, nice and sunny as you can see...

I also removed the exhaust from the heat exchangers using a speedramp, inflicting damage to the lower header pipes. It was a rather noisy 140 mile trip home, so I've got this as a temporary solution from Dub_Dreams until funds allow me to purchase a Vintage Speed system.

Those damn policemen :msn4: that sleep in the road - they're always
stealing exhausts or torsion end covers !!! :sad0049:

Shame about the door matey. Glad you sorted your Zorst, Ive got a standard one in the garage if ya need it.

Just

temporary zorst fitted, lets see how long before I remove this one on a highway obstruction, kerb or large stone in a camping field....

Q1arE.jpg

And there's me thinking that I'll have a summer free of work to do on the bus..... :roll:
Removed the sliding door to replace the hinge mechanism bushes as there was loads of play, only to find that the sliding door was splitting right where the mechanism attaches and the door skin was loose as well..

uC9DS.jpg

Mechanism cleaned of 40 years of grease, springs and catches functioning, new bushes installed and door running smoother than previously, although I need a new jockey wheel as mine's worn flat on one side.

QRp8H.jpg

Now can't get the door to shut properly. :lol:

Just ignore the rotten sliding door track cover and window aperture, I am for a couple of months...

Latest posts