rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
New mini project...

004.jpg

...really ought to finish the other project first though.
Thanks David. :D

No problem ... think it will be quicker to finish than the bus, but I thought that 12+ months ago when I started pulling all the pieces together and making drawings of mini teardrop trailers :lol:

Now I've gone for almost ready made westy trailer again .... one day I'll learn, just not yet :roll:

If ide have know you had the sandpaper and filler out today.............. :lol:

Great work, now that massive job is off your mind whats next?

creationblue said:
If ide have know you had the sandpaper and filler out today.............. :lol:

Great work, now that massive job is off your mind whats next?

Probably a slight suspension raise Just, gave a mate a lift to pick up a customer's car and got the beam beached on a hilly and very bumpy back street Police diversion down towards Conham yesterday. :lol:
Nearside inner arch needs some repair, then it's all cosmetic. Rear arches, front valance, etc....

The weather forecast isn't great for the next couple of days, so I better get my finger out and give the back end work another wipe of filler and some paint.
Shame it gets dark really....

all etch primed ready for the weekend

:D

Hello Just.

creationblue said:
Top coat Saturday Si?

Maybe, depends on the weather really. I'm not too happy with the filling, may need another wipe over, although I want to bare metal the rest of the rear roof before I paint it.
However saying that, I've top coated the inside of the air intake tonight before the panel gets refitted.

gutted, as long as you get it done before those pesky little black bugs come out in force.

more flies means more windowsills to clean at work. and one of the bedrooms to close off (it gets infested with some flying insect or other at least twice a year, it was a million bees last time).

More filling and paint planned today, got this on at last as well...

...all I have to do is find a decent track cover.

Started to lay a coat of high build primer on top of the etch primer, and it started to rain. :roll:
Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :D

In spite of Mother Nature's attempts to derail my progress, I've started again.
Do you know how long it takes to remove rain-sodden masking tape and newspaper that was left overnight....

2nd go

oh, the small pleasure derived from a coat of paint :lol:

:mrgreen:

Latest posts