rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure those rusty bits at the back of your bus weren't rusty when you started restoring it Sparky. C'mon man - keep up! :lol:

Dude, bow have you fixed your breather box in place? Any chance of some pics? You taking it to Dub Freeze?

All done, thanks to Nick and his workshop heater. :D

wEPpl.jpg

Xr0ZE.jpg

Available in a wide range of colours

PXCid.jpg

and that's just my bus. ;)

Just need to get yourself a deluxe grille surround and paint it black too! I reckon that'll finish the front up perfectly

I've got a Deluxe front grill surround I'm thinking of selling, would look nice on your front palnted black, in fact that would finish it off nicely me thinks. ;) :mrgreen:

Thanks Brett, waiting for Graham L to send some pics though....

After almost being seduced by an imported filly, I've decided to stay faithful to my old heap of shit.
Stripped interior out of bus ready to replace previous dodgy repairs. Not altogether convinced about the benefits of the insulation though, quieter yes, but loads of condensation pooling on the panels. :?

3p8wI.jpg

gyP9w.jpg

zCYvZ.jpg

Another batch of transplant panels.

2w4oU.jpg

Rear hatch almost finished after stripping back dodgy paint and repainting yet again. Just need to get a VOLKSWAGEN badge and latch.
Quick cut and polish after fitting "new" glass and jail bars.

buNeA.jpg

On a roll now, started the engine lid.

oHgfF.jpg

5mqCN.jpg

AGXBu.jpg

:mrgreen:

Was the lid ok then?

Tailgate looks cock on! Sure it's the same one?

Was the condensation on the cargo floor then?

Yes, lid's fine mate. I've straightened the bottom edge and there's a pinhole at the bottom on the inside that needs a blob of weld along with the numberplate holes. Just needs a wipe of filler in those dings along the bottom and it'll be cock on. :D

The condensation was all along the side panels both sides of the insulation, and behind the carpet on the engine bulkhead. I suppose I wrung about a pint out of the cloth that soaked it all up.

Latest posts