rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Yes, lid's fine mate. I've straightened the bottom edge and there's a pinhole at the bottom on the inside that needs a blob of weld along with the numberplate holes. Just needs a wipe of filler in those dings along the bottom and it'll be cock on. :D

The condensation was all along the side panels both sides of the insulation, and behind the carpet on the engine bulkhead. I suppose I wrung about a pint out of the cloth that soaked it all up.

Thats a result on the lid in my book 8)

As for the water.............thats worrying

Having a chuckle about the condensation (generally - nothing personal). I don't understand the wish to stuff your van with it. Wasn't needed in the 70's and frankly with all those single glazed windows anyway I can't see the point... Are we going soft?

VkHQW.jpg

MJX9m.jpg

What a difference 4 years makes......

.....and still not finished. :lol:

Almost....

OQpSz.jpg

7hqgP.jpg

qo4iF.jpg

FRu4g.jpg

Decided after a bit of consultation, that because TH drop spindles are going on the beam, to fit the adjusters so that the stock height position is central. The last thing I want after fitting a king and linkpin beam is to have the tyres rammed up inside the arches and no adjustment.
I've got that already.... :lol:

As the weather was pleasant today I decided to take the sliding door track cover off and reveal the horrors beneath.
Easier said than done though, track cover decided it liked being fixed to the bus so out came the grinder.

LDu6E.jpg

aC2T6.jpg

OK inside though.

RtdnD.jpg

A8clO.jpg

CBuHG.jpg

Overall not as bad as I was expecting. :)
Be nice to be at this stage though.

bnIr1.jpg

Part deux...

Repair panels went in very nicely, but a bit of a fiddle at the back end.

FejYP.jpg

neNSa.jpg

FDowK.jpg

Q3ELb.jpg

Bit draughty coming home up the motorway, but it was a nice day and the heat exchangers are wired fully open.
Then spent the rest of the day trying to get the many coats of paint around the window ready for some colour, quick swipe of filler and cover on ready for the bad weather forecast for tomorrow.

UAahb.jpg

EUVlN.jpg

Time for a cider or three now. :D

sparkywig said:
Part deux...

Repair panels went in very nicely, but a bit of a fiddle at the back end.

001-65.jpg

002-80.jpg

003-77.jpg

004-65.jpg

Bit draughty coming home up the motorway, but it was a nice day and the heat exchangers are wired fully open.
Then spent the rest of the day trying to get the many coats of paint around the window ready for some colour, quick swipe of filler and cover on ready for the bad weather forecast for tomorrow.

005-50.jpg

009-24.jpg

Time for a cider or three now. :D

:D looking good mate, would have loved to have seen you going down the motorway window less :lol:

You're the only one to notice that Ash. :lol:

Not too bad with only one window out, when I drove it down the motorway with the perspex removed from the hole in the roof it nearly blew the rear hatch open.

Weather conspiring against me today, so only got a rub down and a coat of hi-build primer on. Not too keen on this new stuff that I've been supplied, needs another rub back before top coat.

l8dyU.jpg

sparkywig said:
Thanks Shaun. It'll look even better when I can get all the panels the same colour.... :lol:
Why on earth would you want to do that?!
Your bus is cool as it is mate 8)

Latest posts