rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd whip the bumper and towbar off (again), and make a start on the list and remove the butchered rear bumper brackets, fit the "new" ones and size up the towbar with the new exhaust fitted.

K1qnU.jpg

Rain keeps halting play.

1I493.jpg

Zx9j8.jpg

Unfortunately one of the many previous owners decided that it would be a good idea to weld the brackets to the chassis legs, and while trying to release them I've made a hole. Oh well, the corner cut will cure that.....
Still, the exhaust needs to be fitted after I killed another one in Bude. :roll:

UjOGN.jpg

All back together for the weekend's trip to the Summer Classics show.

lBgih.jpg

http://www.summer-classics.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking good 8) , I want one of those exhausts :mrgreen:

Great holiday pictures as well :D

Awesome pics. Looked like it was a good time! ( pics from Cornwall is what I'm referring too, my iPad showed those pics before the newest ones)

I have to aske, where do you guys get those really tall flag poles? Like the one in the photo you showed your setup in? I would really love to get one! I ordered me a Vw flag and was going to try to use one of the long cb antennas I have, but if I could get one of those like you have, it would be a lot neater! :D

Edit. Nevermind, I found a pole on eBay! 24 ft with a ladder mounting bracket and flag!! Can't wait to get it!!

sparkywig said:
Thanks chaps.

Another pic from last weekend courtesy of Clyde. Although I can't remember there being a fire eater...... :lol:

SummerClassicsfireeater.jpg

Hahaha can't remember........, must have been some good cider that night, any closer and he would be sat in your bus :lol: :lol:

Decided to get rid of a bit more of the white and green gloss and matt black, and paint the n/s seat bulkhead.

talJ7.jpg

SZtTg.jpg

NfrIh.jpg

After a couple of hours scraping and rubbing back.

Be9Ug.jpg

F3Axu.jpg

The o/s bulkhead felt left out...

8xmHq.jpg

IWV5t.jpg

Hmmmm, I didn't have as much paint as I thought....

sTt16.jpg

ZFudx.jpg

kh0Oj.jpg

Oh well, looks like this won't be finished tonight.

Looking good Wig, exhaust fit nicely... Have you tried Megabug for the air inlet as they have a lot of spares in there yard.

Thanks Pete, but I may have found one locally.
Rain still stopping play on the paint front, so decided to have a mechanical play instead as it's not like I've got loads of unfinished bits to do.....
Dug out the donor engine and took the heads off to make sure that they were uncracked and OK for the "new" engine build.

IfxY0.jpg

Look fine to me.

GMDuE.jpg

RpznX.jpg

These turned up today as well.

5vNKY.jpg

8Hseq.jpg

:mrgreen:

All I need to do now is unearth all the other bits I've stashed away....

Latest posts