rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TA4Ez.jpg

uRdNY.jpg

:)

Deffo see the xtra clearance is gonna help your rubbage n banging 8)

The front will soon come down with a certain driver on board :lol:

011.jpg
[/quote]

nice haul, it took me bloody ages to find the bulkhead padding for mine. on the up side, 10p for the passenger side on eBay takes some beating. lol

Trip to Cornwall, first stage to Burnham-On-Sea to miss all the traffic around Cribbs/Avonmouth.
Fish and chips and a couple of pints. :)
Nice sunset walking along the sea front.

0kIU5.jpg

xR8pu.jpg

7ZNJY.jpg

Set off to Bude early Saturday morning, first stop on the hard shoulder about 10 miles from joining the M5 to cut the wires holding the heat exchangers open.
Then along the A361 to Barnstaple and the Atlantic Highway.
All set up at Upper Lynstone.

gU7rK.jpg

lqofg.jpg

As you can see, there was a bit of breeze off the sea, and the longboard won't fit under the bus. :lol:

The Cobb had a bit of use as well, salmon to start.

Acv5z.jpg

The view from my seat.

FMTuH.jpg

More scenery pics....

Wye9w.jpg

Summerleaze (Town) beach.

BzW7a.jpg

Along the canal into Bude.

sdagz.jpg

AikhK.jpg

hAVoZ.jpg

ZuJsb.jpg

Chicken roasting and a bit of light reading.

0d6QP.jpg

Sunset over the cliffs.

TBqIY.jpg

Popped round to see Nick and family.

5KeDH.jpg

On Thursday we drove back up the coast to Croyde for Chloe's birthday.
Pulled up at the car park opposite the beach and the lady taking the money refused payment and parked us at the front after moving the cones. :)

1BbXP.jpg

INBmd.jpg

ra9Eb.jpg

GLk80.jpg

Sneaky shot of the camera shy family..... :lol:

Tu8mw.jpg

bTiZX.jpg

JAmVo.jpg

Took a wander along to the Little Pink Shop for a chat and came away with his last bay stickers.

0EJyR.jpg

:D

View across to Marhamchurch.

LamEs.jpg

Full moon

3O6rW.jpg

zNwg4.jpg

Sunset on our last night.

h5ALI.jpg

Bit of a crawl back along the A361 to Tiverton, down to 28mph on one of the long hills. :lol:
Then 4 hours in traffic up the M5 from J 26 to Bridgwater, where I finally had enough and took the scenic route home via Glastonbury, Wells and Bath.
All in all, a fairly good week apart from the weather, it rained every day apart from Thursday when we went to Barnstaple and Croyde.
Glad I replaced the beam and brakes though, not once incidence of tyre rubbage or beam hitting the road, although there might be another inch or so of droppage. ;)

There is a list of jobs to do on the bus.

Heat exchanger cables (only been 4 years...)
Fuel tank breathers (Chloe moans about fumes on hills and left hand corners)
Fuel sender (packed up on way back from Barnstaple)
Gearbox replacement
Paint engine bay
Swap fanhousing and fan for twinport with doghouse oil cooler
Replace exhaust with new Vintage Speed, always seem to kill exhausts during a visit to Bude.
Sort rear bumper and "new" towbar.
Rear corners and arches
Paint roof (debating whether to weld the sunroof hole up and paint the roof black....)

:D

Croyde's still a nice place, although seems more commercial every time we go....[/quote]

It seems to happen to all the little villages and surf towns that were chilled out cool back in the day..... exploiting and milking the life out of it and drawing the wrong crowds.
I know of few places now where its 'Pure'. Newquay, Bude, St Ives etc all comercial now......Sad but true. :(

Still we adapt and move on. :)

Latest posts