rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks David,

dBhRC.jpg

MEIxW.jpg

looks better after a wash though....

gv5hl.jpg

3v9Qh.jpg

fKI4p.jpg

gI6j1.jpg

Stripped the arse of the bus ready for the weekend as well.

U3QCk.jpg

iKGe4.jpg

Replacement discs at the workshop, so hopefully all systems go on Friday. :D

Dropped the bus off at the workshop this afternoon, ready for the MOT works and beam change to be started tomorrow.
It certainly surprised me when Nick asked me to back it onto the ramp, and Jim then went at it like a long dog.... :lol:

fu0Kq.jpg

YyfJW.jpg

gQPOG.jpg

J1TZ7.jpg

A little repair required, not unexpected given the rest of the work carried out.

nQZgv.jpg

on8pF.jpg

I'll see how much more progress is made tomorrow morning when I'm not in the way.

Back brakes next.
That'll be why the handbrake is ineffective....

tZFgv.jpg

S1wyN.jpg

HU1LA.jpg

It drives better now, stops on a sixpence, no banging or scraping the beam and the tyres don't rub. I'll let it all settle for a couple of hundred miles and than reassess the "stance". :D

And then the battery tray "fell out".

Yb5kH.jpg

n9wj1.jpg

rNFfz.jpg

dcpjf.jpg

It'll have to be a temporary repair here until I can get an off-side rear corner.

They fell off with some persuasion Shaun, although not much to be honest....

Yes, Futbus brakes, and the wide 205 kit will fit fine on WagenWest spindles, as all 1964 -'70 drum brake spindles are the same.
Had a couple of issues as these weren't a new kit, but Dave at Futbus (eventually) sorted the problems out.
Wrong calliper carriers and discs, no wonder the po couldn't fit them and sold them cheap. :lol:

Although I'd go with the Futbus kits (Mk 3 Golf callipers and pads, and bigger discs and braking surface), over the CSP (GM parts) every time.

Looking good 8) , glad you got the kit fitted alright in the end.

:shock: scary rear backing plates.

Handles and stops much better now, although I only drove about a mile. :lol:
Still trying to get there for Saturday and give the beam and brakes a chance to settle in before we go to Cornwall, but there's only the driver's seat fitted at the moment. The other's off being repaired on Monday.

Latest posts