rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Berkeley was cancelled and we'd already booked a pitch, we had a camp out over Saturday night at the Tudor Arms caravan site, and a few pints in the Tudor Arms.

CzXZa.jpg

XaAHV.jpg

We had most of the big field at the rear of the site to ourselves, good job really. :lol:

dElDv.jpg

Xbou9.jpg

:party0023:

A couple of whistles would've been perfect....

A mini-cruise up to Frampton-On-Severn with Ian on Sunday for a lemonade.

JzKcv.jpg

Oktoberfest weekend, not many pics.
Thursday morning, collecting supplies.

G8R4C.jpg

ikdTx.jpg

Thursday evening, the calm before the storm.....

XUmwQ.jpg

Friday morning, the morning after the 1st storm. 60mph winds. :lol:

2p3OU.jpg

Saturday morning, after the 2nd storm. 3" of torrential rain collapsed the annexe, bent the poles and filled the fabric up with gallons of water forcing the awning down and snapping the lower leg joints. The only thing that stopped the awning completely collapsing was the table in the annexe which supported most of the weight of the water.
Managed to crawl out, unattach the annexe and release the water without it cascading through the awning and through the sleeper section where my daughter was unaware of anything. :lol:
All at 0216....

JBr27.jpg

Anyway, Saturday morning dawned bright and dry.

vK1DL.jpg

arbGJ.jpg

VCtOq.jpg

gstQi.jpg

5FMcD.jpg

BJqKD.jpg

Saturday night is curry night, a tradition of ours since the first one. Note the hastily rigged light, no open fires allowed at River Dart Country Park, so we sat around a 13W energy efficient lamp. :lol:

Gny7V.jpg

I know it's not an early, but here's my mate collecting the "smartest air-cooled in camp award"

OVjqE.jpg

and his bus.

AbFCq.jpg

A brilliant weekend not affected by the weather, and the new venue is much better than the old one.

68_early_bay said:
Cali_bay said:
sparkywig said:
Oktoberfest weekend, not many pics.
Thursday morning, collecting supplies.

o5Hkr.jpg

I'm detecting a reoccurring pattern here……. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I'm sure I don't know what you're implying.....

Saturday morning saw the bus jacked up on drive and the heat exchangers wired open for the winter and seals fitted (forgot to get any clips....) during a hailstorm..... :lol:

avyWI.jpg

Buddy seat has base coat on inside.

z735s.jpg

Westfalia sliding door handle on to make it easier to open door from inside with cooker unit fitted.

kIB3L.jpg

:D

Time to start surgery again (at last) and get rid of the rotten rear corners, rear arches and o/s outer sill panel.
Where do I start?

EkHLV.jpg

I know, how about here....

7fzgr.jpg

....well, there is some decent metal under all the filler.

LU2dr.jpg

Bit of grot and plenty of artistic filler work in the seam though.

u0nvs.jpg

Holes? What holes?

swQhG.jpg

I know they're sold as "rust free" but it would be nice to be dent and filler free as well.......

jJyS6.jpg

Back home to strip out the interior ready for surgery next weekend.

g8bBW.jpg

vXEj9.jpg

Hopefully this will be one of the last pics of the rotten and crash damaged arse.

DnSAF.jpg

Plenty to keep you busy for a while there sparky :shock: what you doing with the rear corners transplanting up to the swage line or all the way to the gutter?

Edit: oops just seen only one is a full corner :roll:

68_early_bay said:
Plenty to keep you busy for a while there sparky :shock: what you doing with the rear corners transplanting up to the swage line or all the way to the gutter?

Edit: oops just seen only one is a full corner :roll:

Keep up, did the top corners and gutters a couple of years ago...... :lol:

dubscum said:
looking good mate

Thanks Ash, how's yours coming on?

Latest posts