rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At last, the time has come to start work on the rotten rear end today.

aBt2k.jpg

dVt0m.jpg

uhsFk.jpg

How much filler?

ANHKC.jpg

Gsotf.jpg

iSIL5.jpg

Hmmmm, that doesn't look right.

IKRji.jpg

Definitely not. :lol:

qtEaQ.jpg

Great progress there. 8)

That rear arch looks a bit dodgy though :shock: , is the inner arch knackered as well?

Be carefull not to get sparks over the lovely VS exhaust. :lol:

:oops: Jeez - that looks like your going to be having fun.

Great fun these vans aren't they ;)

Sparks it would been interesting to weigh bridge it before you started and when you've finished. Then again i suppose the weight of filler and rotten metal will be equalled out with good metal

012-15.jpg

terminator.jpg

nice work si

you will need one of these http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1378816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:idea:

Phew.....

Corner, arch and tub repairs complete. The arch panel was kinked so didn't fit straight, and lots of fiddly bits to get the arch to fit, also needed repair plates to the end of the sill section and the corner of the engine compartment panel. The corner was much easier. :lol:

LEVtC.jpg

DiVub.jpg

0CmNb.jpg

All seam sealed and undersealed after the pics were taken.

ClkoE.jpg

iYxqf.jpg

Ran out of filler, so that and paint are the next instalment, oh, and the off-side repair panel.....

Workshop mo pic to finish.

Ebzj9.jpg

Wow you have more balls than me Mr Sparkywig!

.... bows head and tips cap... respect....... nice tash!

good work on that bus too 8)

Love the enthusiasm you have for you bus, I took mine of the road for 2 years to get it all done slowly. You just carry on driving as you should, just plugging away as an when. Big job doing that rear corner/chassis/tub but plowed on through it and looking good again. hats off to you :D