rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest Just, your's is the only one I'd have.

Back to fuel hose. The heat in the engine bay hardens the rubber, the piece that went between the pump and pressure regulator was solid, it just cracked when I tried to straighten it.

Had a couple of days tinkering with the stroker and associated parts.

U5qWk.jpg

jztME.jpg

gusWc.jpg

RX5Jt.jpg

8mm fuel line fitted, just need to blank the spare 6mm and 8mm fuel inlets on the l/h carb, any ideas?

59Nuf.jpg

I bet you can't wait to get that new lump in Si? ;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&keywords=bus+recovery+thread&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

Had a trip to Final Fling over the weekend.
Left early Friday to pick up some cider, drop some stuff off in Tiverton and get to Putsborough for a cheeky surf.
Obviously much pleasure comes before pain.....
Sudden lack of oil pressure as I was negotiating the very narrow lanes between Putsborough and Woolacombe, with a couple of cars behind and no space to stop and let them pass.
Managed to get to the campsite and set up without total seizure of me or the engine, although it didn't sound or feel very healthy.

SQWFr.jpg

Parked up next to Justin, and then had a cider or two.
Let the bus cool down and checked the oil, or should I say examined a dry dipstick.
Topped up the oil but made no difference. Oh well, it was the last planned trip before the engines get swapped anyway, and there's always the big yellow taxi home. ;)

Gets dark quick this time of year as well.

Wl6nv.jpg

UAsWw.jpg

There were a couple of good bands playing Friday night, but the best set was a couple of young lads called 2 Filthy.

9ir04.jpg

We had a proper old skool rave for a couple of hours, even the t-shirts came off. :lol:
Check them out, they've got a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/twofilthy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saturday dawned dull and windy.

osvTB.jpg

fVNPU.jpg

08RKx.jpg

And the weather deteriorated for the rest of day.
I'm glad Justin had the Rapido for shelter, and I must get a roof cut, or take more washing up bowls to catch the leaks through the roof. :roll:
It did clear enough for us to stand around the fire pit drinking, and talking bollocks with Rich and the lads from Street until midnight.
Bit windy during the rest of the night though.

The trip home. Saved about £30 worth of fuel, but the seats were really uncomfortable in the recovery truck.

y7B0i.jpg

wrexy.jpg

fpYSn.jpg

Oil light came on, loss of power, but with a couple of cars behind and no passing place I had to keep going for a mile or so.
I think it had been blowing oil out on the way down, as there's oil spots all over the rear end, I was pushing it on the A361.
Didn't think to check the level before I left Putsborough. :|

was a good weekend mate ;) i had a nice trip home,and justin was talking bollocks or the cider was :lol: i was :shock: he could still stand

robins said:
was a good weekend mate ;) i had a nice trip home,and justin was talking bollocks or the cider was :lol: i was :shock: he could still stand

:shock: me? :lol: I don't remember a thing, therefore it never happened 8)

creationblue said:
robins said:

:shock: me? :lol: I don't remember a thing, therefore it never happened 8)

:lol:

So, here's the culprit.

WUyK5.jpg

tBPfE.jpg

cw0O9.jpg

3ILGd.jpg

Thought the pressure switch probably was, but better safe than sorry. I know I'm swapping the engine out now, but I didn't want to grenade the single port.
I wouldn't have made another 100 yards if it had been an engine problem rather than electrical.
The accompanying loss of power was a dodgy ht lead..... :lol: :roll:

Latest posts