rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of a paint eruption when the nozzle exploded. Oh well, it's not that bad and won't be seen anyway.

rvnwo.jpg

After a weekend of bad weather, and with no excuse not to decorate Chloe's bedroom, I wasn't able to press on with the engine removal.
I did manage to grab about half an hour tonight though.

lnYP3.jpg

kbpz1.jpg

Got a bit dark, and I need to recover my ramps.
For some reason it's lower than last time I dropped the engine and I can't get the jack under the engine.

:roll:

:lol: have you still got cider in the back

:? how did you drop it with out the jack under it

Rained off at work today, so a bit more time stripping the single port and in the garage.

mgGS9.jpg

Got my ramps back, so just need some assistance to push it back up onto them so I can get the jack under the engine and drop it. :roll:

dTY1r.jpg

The single port may be diminishing, but the stroker is getting heavier.

aCWos.jpg

xC8sZ.jpg

Just waiting on the full flow oil fittings and then the moustache bar can be bolted up.
The alternator, stand and breather stuff is getting a clean before fitting, and then it's ready.

:D

Many thanks to Justin who came round on his way to the yard and helped get the bus up on the ramps.
And then the rain started again.

lvDqF.jpg

But when it stopped I was ready to rumble.

zxV2s.jpg

Only took 8 days to drop the engine. :|

I'm sure the sunroof liner's not supposed to sag like that....

OawE7.jpg

Looks like it's not waterproof any more.

4NyaU.jpg

pqFuD.jpg

:lol:

Oh well, another job that's moved up the list. Anybody got a roof cut handy?
I was a bit worried when removing the fuel partition screws as bits of rust kept appearing from behind the panel.
And I eventually found the four hidden screws. :roll:

obUfY.jpg

But it doesn't look too bad on first inspection. Breather pipes are shot though.

eSXy7.jpg

Unfortunately I've run out of suitable containers to store the fuel that's left in the tank, already drained 30 litres and there's plenty more left to go. Damn the AA for saving me fuel on the way home from Woolacombe.
The gearbox has been removed as well now, but I can't start cleaning up the engine bay until the tank's out.
Didn't think I'd be using the cover again, but it'll help reduce the amount of water getting into the bus if/when it rains again.

mlCB0.jpg

Time for a pint or four I think.

:)

So off came the engine bay partition, and after draining 40 litres of fuel out came the petrol tank. Thanks for the loan of the extra fuel cans Sarah. :)

Doesn't look too bad on first glance.

W72Cq.jpg

Perhaps not then.

jX2d3.jpg

QZeIl.jpg

CWiaq.jpg

After a bit of a grinding session and clean-up. Got rid of the regulator bracket as well.

GXRci.jpg

Splash of rust converter, and now I'd better get some gas. :roll:
I think the decision has been made that it's ready when it's ready, and not to rush for the Santa Cruz at the beginning of December.

Latest posts