rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't be next year Karlos, got a wedding to go to. Definitely 2105 though.
A couple more jobs done today.
Another hole in the chassis leg repaired.

s071y.jpg

Rotten brake pipe replaced

dQUCp.jpg

And a new starter connection soldered, crimped and heat shrunk.

9DyOl.jpg

Still a couple more jobs to be done before the engine goes in though.

Got a bit done today.
Tank fully fitted, filler and breathers attached, fuel cut-off solenoid connected and 25 litres of fuel added.
Wiring loom replaced and spliced, and gearbox installed.

2OfxF.jpg

Forgot to paint the tank firewall, so did that when I got home. Painted body colour, as the stock grey looked odd.

v4YEN.jpg

Where's the engine gone?

loszL.jpg

In the back of the van, ready to bolt in tomorrow.

yCVbc.jpg

:mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
Cheers Karlos.
Your "modified" moustache bar makes me chuckle every time I see the pic. :)

Haha, Went up the workshop tonight, Hector has spent all afternoon on it and it now looks really good. Will get a like of paint in the next couple of days. Running a merged header was a must :mrgreen:

Bit more fettling this morning.

CMUBF.jpg

Starter re-fitted, CV joints tightened, heater tube re-attached, gearbox earth strap connected along with the gearbox coupling (thanks for the reminder ;) ), gearbox oil topped up, new sealant tape fitted to firewall and installed, and it's in.....

7R3PN.jpg

Although 6' farther forward of it's final resting place. :lol:

Tapped the l/h carb and inserted a blanking bolt in the unused fuel inlet, letting that cure for a day or so. Then I need to assemble the oil lines at the engine end and fit the moustache bar.

Spent most of the day trying to stop the cooling fan rubbing the fanhousing and relieving part of the alternator to sit on the stand properly, even had to disconnect the thermostat and release the tinware.
I managed to fit the oil connections in 10 minutes..... :roll:
All ready for hose fitment and bolting on the moustache bar.

nPg3U.jpg

Gearbox clutch operating shaft and release bearing issues now.
I need to swap one out of a CA 'box and fit it to the 5 rib 'box. Job 30% completed, I'll finish it tomorrow now.

Latest posts