rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's the day.

2y3tB.jpg

And it's actually connected to the gearbox......

UwnSE.jpg

Self-supporting and oil lines connected at the engine.

ak0Ps.jpg

Remote filter location, I think I'm going to make a drop-off panel to protect the oil filter from road debris.

pGk4M.jpg

One stubborn nut and stud that cost me over an hour. :roll:

VekEZ.jpg

Nick doing a bit to the ute.

wPSrK.jpg

That'll do for today, f*cking knackered now.

Dj5hg.jpg

Need to fill up with oil, fit the breather box, connect the fuel lines and the wiring, whack in the battery and fire it up.

Great bus that's is constantly chancing in a positive way. You just go on and on and on, wel done.

Feels like every day new pic's and i think going up fast to page 100.... Is the bus finished by than?... ;)

sparkywig said:
Today's the day.

And it's actually connected to the gearbox......

Self-supporting and oil lines connected at the engine.

Remote filter location, I think I'm going to make a drop-off panel to protect the oil filter from road debris.

One stubborn nut and stud that cost me over an hour. :roll:

Nick doing a bit to the ute.

That'll do for today, f*cking knackered now.

Need to fill up with oil, fit the breather box, connect the fuel lines and the wiring, whack in the battery and fire it up.

Sparky,
Very nice looking engine, good work. Have you an external oil cooler too? If so where abouts are you locating it? I have belly pans on my bus and I'm not sure where to place the cooler!

LV

Not running an external cooler, I don't think I'll need one.
There is plenty of room to mount one in front of the near side rear jacking point/outrigger if necessary.

Although thinking about it I'd probably mount it in the rear corner and duct the hot air out through the battery tray.

Latest posts