rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your first drive out with the new motor will be awesome.
Once its run in and you have done a power run on the rolling road then all hell breaks loose :D

sparkywig said:
Roof this weekend, spring plates and wheels after and then I gotta get out of the way cos you's in on the 1st, and then it's Justin's turn. :)

That sounds as good as it looks 8)

Anybody want to buy a squareback?
I think it's over-priced personally.

InUSy.jpg

EPHQM.jpg

:D

Anyway, back to the bus.
Off came the leaky and rotten folding sunroof and then various strengthener pieces to leave a nice clean gaping hole in the roof.

vseza.jpg

eYfG2.jpg

kXicd.jpg

Perfect fit.

lDC5j.jpg

It's just tekscrewed down temporarily so it doesn't fly across the yard in any inclement weather we may have between now and my next visit.
Welding to follow next weekend all being well.

sparkywig said:
Perfect fit.

It's just tekscrewed down temporarily so it doesn't fly across the yard in any inclement weather we may have between now and my next visit.
Welding to follow next weekend all being well.

Great work!! Don't fancy grindind dow the welds though! :shock:

Alistair

Forgot to mention earlier in all the excitement.
Started the engine up to balance and set the carbs, and there was a horrible knocking noise at low revs.

:shock: Oh, fuck....

All sorted now though, turned out to be the alternator pulley hitting the alternator case. Problem solved by shimming the pulley off the case slightly.
Can't understand how this happened all of a sudden as the alternator ran for almost 5 years on the single port.
However there is a slight bit of forward and backwards play on the alternator shaft so looks like the bearings have worn. I'll need to keep an eye on this I think.

Even more top work Si 8)

Drag racing and not removing your fan belt does that to an alternator....
:lol:

Latest posts