rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welding and grinding finished at last. Primer on ready for filling next week.

Fh4gk.jpg

UQ3KZ.jpg

ouSCM.jpg

7ULMC.jpg

Awesome job mate wish I had the balls (and the skill)to do mine as my roof is rooted in both rear corners

Mark

Great work, big improvement especially seeing as you stumbled across the cut out strengthening bars!

Right then, now that the roof's done.
OK you're right, it's not, still need to fill and paint.
But I've not been happy with the shut of the rear hatch and it leaks as well.

HsBZQ.jpg

So I've cut the off-side of the opening out and will put it back perfectly aligned tomorrow. :D

Rear hatch shuts perfectly now, and a bit of filler on the roof.

E2FAv.jpg

2OPnk.jpg

8xYTr.jpg

I was planning to paint the roof tomorrow, but the gearbox on the DA decided to spray itself across the workshop.
Ended up having to buy a cheap (£38!!) one in B&Q on the way home so I can get the sanding finished in the morning.

good work buddy have u just layed this ontop ? or isit butt welded all round? i just filled my small pop today and it was a complete pain

sparkywig said:
Got to crack on this week, I haven't driven it properly for a couple of months now and it needs shaking down and a new interior before we go away at Easter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 months for me :? :roll: had enough just want to get mine done now :lol:

After some more filling and sanding this morning, on went a coat of primer.

hDIQr.jpg

yTtKM.jpg

SYV3w.jpg

1vS7j.jpg

rywVA.jpg

uPKhU.jpg

A bit more filling and sanding and then a satin black guide coat.

fA1aC.jpg

ZO7Eh.jpg

q0rB7.jpg

Needs a bit more filling and the roof sanding back, but I'm happy with it so far.
And the DA sander is OK as well.

I spent this morning finishing off the rear corner and getting the hatch seal channel done, and more roof sanding.
The place I usually get my paint mixed has recently been taken over, and the new paint is shite. Too thin, like water, there's next to no coverage and it runs like buggery.
I'll need to rub it back when the weather improves and do it again. :(

Latest posts