rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I have been mostly sanding the roof.

5P6te.jpg

uE6Wt.jpg

Today I have been mostly sanding the roof again, in the rain.

nwb4S.jpg

j4bED.jpg

I did have to take refuge in the van at one point though....

0v8Hb.jpg

I think it was in a US hailstorm at some point as it has a bit more "character" than I first thought.
I'm not going to get too worried about dents and ripples, just want to get it painted.

MTReh.jpg

Lots of hard graft, but a def improvement. Looks kind of cool with the paint sanded through 8)

Today I have been mostly waiting for the rain to stop, sanding the roof, and then waiting for the rain to stop, etc.
I also got the front roof brace extended and fitted.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better weather and I can actually get a coat of paint on the roof.

After much sanding and filling, and much more sanding and filling, I'm fed up with it so got a coat of primer on this morning.
I'm even more fed up with the roof now, the new paint as supplied is absolutely shite. No coverage and runs like fuck.

2bgjy.jpg

uMYXo.jpg

Looks like I shall be mostly wet sanding at some point tomorrow and then blasting satin black all over it. :roll:

At least it never rained today, which meant I could get home to sort the garage and make a bit of room.

Chin up Wig. How many people can actually look at your roof? :lol:

Think it will look just fine mate. :D

gninnam said:
Very good 8)

Now relax :D

I'll relax on Saturday Andy, when I'm driving it home. :)

68_early_bay said:
:party0053: happy days :mrgreen:

What's the next job :msn4:

Give it a thorough clean, ply headlining and get the Westy bed fitted and interior back in.
Rear springplates and Beetle steels on, and then it'll be time to go away for a few weekends.

SIDS cruise on Sunday first though.

This post is absolutely insane. Full of inspiration and really good to see all the progress, it is really motivating for someone just starting their resto.

I shall certainly keep checking in and browsing the bits I missed, truly excellent to see this.... You should print it and put it in a book!

Thanks for the hours of enjoyment reading through the posts.

Mr1.

I think it's time to start the Westfakia interior.
One £20 full width Westy bed in need of tlc.

qLrtS.jpg

One naked full width bed.

qkNWi.jpg

There's a couple of suspicious stains on the ply, but these will sand off. At least it doesn't smell so much now.
Need to fit the seat base supports and then mock it all up in the bus when it gets home this weekend.
This is next to get the treatment.

PlS1A.jpg

sparkywig said:
aspro said:
Chin up Wig. How many people can actually look at your roof? :lol:

Think it will look just fine mate. :D

If you're 6'0" or taller you can see right over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Needs to be lower in that case :msn4:

:lol:

In all seriousness you made a good job imo Si :)

Well, I can report that it goes like fuck. :mrgreen:

Although coil problems left me at home yesterday while ozziedog had his wind issues.
All sorted today, and it must be time for another drive around the block I think.

Latest posts