rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think petrol's been a problem full stop.
The plan was to set off for Bude last Friday night, well, that was the plan.
Bus all loaded up ready to go and bunkering up at the local superstore filling station when it was pointed out that the pool of petrol under the bus was getting bigger.

Pool of petrol? Bugger.

Pushed off the forecourt and a load of sand put down, got under to look for the leak and it was pissing everywhere, all over the underside of the bus.
Managed to get the mile home stinking of petrol and parked up on the road (didn't want fuel all over the drive....), opened the sliding door only to find the carpet sodden with fuel as well.

Fuck, well, it can't get any worse.
Unloaded the bus completely, stripped the carpet out and attacked the rear platform with a 100mm holesaw.

9rNF0.jpg

The filler hose had somehow shrunk and pulled off the fuel tank, so when I drove around or filled up with fuel it just poured out and collected on the tank platform. No wonder I had a fuel smell for a while.
If I still smoked the bus would've gone up in flames at that moment. Fuck the bus, I'm going on holiday.

Sort of fixed, not too happy with the way the filler pipe connects onto the tank spout though. It seems to be at too much of an angle, there's not a lot of pipe on the top just enough for the clip to secure it.

BUJM0.jpg

Had a blast up and down the dual carriageway and lots of left hand turns, there's no leaks or fumes so it seems to be temporarily cured.
Another winter job on the list, might be an idea to get the T25 engine access hatch fitted first.

Hey Sparkywig , do you think it is the new tubing that you fitted or that the neck is to short?
Only reason I ask is that I have the same material as tubing from the same supplier.

J & P
:D :D :D

Don't know if the spout is the same as mine on your tank si, but I got a couple of these to secure my filler hose on, slightly wider than a jubilee clip and sits nicely behind the 'bump' on the spout to tighten up :D

http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/ash-t-bolt-hose-clamps-stainless-steel-single-clip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right then, apart from a random fuel gauge, I think the petrol issue is now sorted. Well, no apparent smell after filling up anyway.
And other than a slight misfire it's running fine, so off to Oktoberfest.
Developed a slightly sticky throttle pedal but still running well at 60-65, so gave it some beans to get around a couple of wagons and, throttle pedal hits the floor and no power.

Bugger.

Coasted over to the hard shoulder to find the linkage has parted company with the floor of the bus and the pin on the "L" plate has snapped off.

Bugger

No tools.

Bugger :lol:

Just got up from lying under the bus when a black 14 plate T5 pulls up alongside and the nearside window rolls down.

"Get rid of that old shit and buy new"

Window up and drives off.

C*nt

Anyway, after a search of the hard shoulder and verge I found an M5 bolt, a split pin and some wire.

4liJd.jpg

Job done, well almost, not exactly smooth. :lol:

3 1/2 hours after leaving home and set up.

8cA6t.jpg

pgmxk.jpg

Peace and quiet for a couple of hours at least.

EZ3Sa.jpg

Glad you got there and back :D

(Did George turn up as I had a secret tenner that he wouldn't :lol: )

Poor sod - not having much luck at the moment :(

Hope things change for him soon!

Just got up from lying under the bus when a black 14 plate T5 pulls up alongside and the nearside window rolls down.

"Get rid of that old shit and buy new"

Window up and drives off.

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts