rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, The Upton Chilli Festival.
I was looking forward to this weekend, cider and chillies, my favourite. However the more eagle eyed amongst you would've noticed the lack of cider in the name.... :evil:

Anyway.
First VW there on Friday.

MDJXZ.jpg

Justin and Brett arrived a bit later, camp was set and we wandered off for a drink. The lack of cider became apparent, a choice of fizzy or flat Bounders, and they shut the bar at 10.30.....

WXtbk.jpg

A portent of things to come I'm afraid. :evil:

Saturday morning dawned damp, but sunny. Camp early bay.

qODlT.jpg

gA8Up.jpg

Back down to the festival and we had to pay a further £8 per adult to get in. This is after £7.50 per person per night to camp, and a special £15 fee to bring your VW.
Not amused.

Sunset

2Aq5T.jpg

Even less amused after being told there was a ticket only party on the Saturday night, and we couldn't even get to the bar. So off we went to the local pub where they had a selection of ciders.

Had to pay again for admittance on the Sunday, so decided not to enter the show and shine (just two parked up, a new Danbury T5 and a jacked up Paris/Dakar style T4 :lol: ) and we voted to pack up and come home rather than stay Sunday night.
Just the two left.

h97z0.jpg

All in all apart from the company, a disappointing weekend. My wallet felt like it had been raped, and that was just me alone, Justin had the 5 of them. :lol:

Roll on Berkeley next Sunday.

sparkywig said:
Nope, after Brett and Sue's comments I don't think early bay's will be welcomed with open arms anyway. :lol:

Not like Brett or Sue to be caustic now is it ? ;) Must have been poor though to get them two uppity, and you and Justin for that matter :? So for once I did the right thing ..

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, There`s always Oktoberfest,, have you started saving your cider up?? :msn4:

Nice pics 8)

Sounds like a very poor show though and I think a lot off here will not be going in the future :evil:

Oktoberfest.
Set off Thursday morning and the bus flew down. I know this is normally a precursor to breakdown, but it's running ace, even sorted the gearshift issues.
Well, almost... :lol:

Obligatory solo pic.

ighkr.jpg

Except George had got there the day before.

6HW08.jpg

All set up. :)

c8ZE2.jpg

21DuH.jpg

dk4Oq.jpg

Pasty for dinner.

eXaA3.jpg

People gradually turned up over Thursday and Friday.

q4807.jpg

s6yd8.jpg

YDsxH.jpg

Weather was wonderful, and apart from the rugby was another cracking weekend.

ICW4H.jpg

Looks like a good un' 8) - how come you parked so far away from George :msn4:

would of pissed down if i had come :evil: good pics again mate
i guess George told him to go over there out the way when he seen what he had to eat and drink,i dont think he would of used much of the gas out the bottle ;)

So, not a lot happening other than some tyre deflating issues.

Y4nl5.jpg

At least the silencer is stopping it going really flat. :lol:
Got my finger out and had the tyres fitted to these.

BjDWV.jpg

Swapped them over at the weekend. Not sure I like them, although they do fill the rear arches nicely.
Need to get the front hubs drilled so the adaptors can go, that might help aesthetics.

JvG3E.jpg

koQcC.jpg

I'm getting the turbo wheels sorted over this weekend, and going up a tyre size on the rear to 195/70/15.
Hopefully it's a bead seal problem and not porous wheels....
Then the exhaust is being modified so I can drop the back again.