rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That busselecta picture looks well cool, How did you solve the problem of fastening the rear seat to the z hinges?

Jim-Bob said:
That busselecta picture looks well cool, How did you solve the problem of fastening the rear seat to the z hinges?

Hello Jim-Bob
Welded a 6mm stud towards the rear of the hinge plate and used a wing nut and curved washer.

ant said:
I've got a thing for black brms and red walls too :)

Hows the thumb?

Thumb's getting better, thanks Ant, not much of a looker though. :lol:
I shall need you to redwall my tyres sometime next year. :D

Have been rather bored lately, what with the lack of work and the awful wet weather.
So today, with the break in the rain, I took the cover off the bus, bailed the water out and started her up.
Still can't make up my mind about the bumper colour, so this is what I did..

I shall probably go for the black bumpers after seeing them in the flesh so to speak. :D

Bored, bored, bored.
No work, no money to spend on the bus. :(

Still, I've got a wire brush, wet and dry, rust converter, black hammerite, elbow grease and plenty of time....

before

during

after

It's a shame it'll be underneath the bus... :D

sparkywig said:
Bored, bored, bored.
No work, no money to spend on the bus. :(
I know the feeling pal,this is my 3rd week with no work.I was out there today (on the drive) trying to sort the timing out in the :shock: snow :lol: .Bet the neighbours think im a right idiot :roll: :lol:

ground hugger said:
I know the feeling pal,this is my 3rd week with no work.I was out there today (on the drive) trying to sort the timing out in the :shock: snow :lol: .Bet the neighbours think im a right idiot :roll: :lol:

:lol:

I've worked a total of 6 days in the last 7 weeks. :(
Can't even get the bus down to workshop 'cos the emulsion tube is f*cked on one of the 34's, so it only runs on two cylinders...

I just read all your posts m8.
I admire your work and patience.

I hope that work gets better............. and we see this beauty finished !!!

Bravo !!!

God! I'm so bored. I wish I could get some work.

Anyway, put the newer bumper on to see if it fits...

When I've sorted the carb problems out and got the bus running properly, I'll take it down the workshop, remove all the bumper bolts and weld it up smooth to match the rear. Then prep it and leave for a few months.... :lol:

Latest posts