rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of a slow day today, partly due to the after effects of several pints of Thatcher's Original.
I wanted to repair a couple of holes in the rear window aperture. But took the dummy slider cover off to discover this...

The cover looks like it's slightly perforated as well. :lol:

With part of me thinking about forthcoming roof/gutters and window repairs, I got on with the bumper (again).

Impressive in a couple of coats of zinc rich and high build primer, I thought... :D

...until a neighbour came round for a chat and stuck his finger in the wet paint(just above left mounting bracket), and then pointed out a "couple" of dings in the sunlight. :evil:

So, back out with the filler and wet and dry....

I will get some black on it this week....

Was the Perspex on the roof when you got the van?
I was thinking about doing the same thing as a stop-gap between poptop coming off and new roof section going in, did it make the van hot (like a greenhouse)?

;)

Justin & Muttley said:
Was the Perspex on the roof when you got the van?
I was thinking about doing the same thing as a stop-gap between poptop coming off and new roof section going in, did it make the van hot (like a greenhouse)?

;)

Oh, yes...
Sweltering hot, but nice to have an open airy feeling as you drive along. ;)
If you want the perspex and many coach bolts, they're yours. :)

This went on today. :D

Anybody got any pics of the front and rear rails fitted, and how the roof is secured at the rear please?

Latest posts