rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fook!!!! Man you have been busy! Great thread this, love to see cutting and welding esp as I wouldnt know where to start to weld a small patch let alone cutting whole panels off 8)

Just

My new dash vents turned up on Friday, so I'd thought I'd give them a little rub down and a quick coat of satin black to tidy them up.
Hmmm, my "rust free" imported parts are not as rust free as I'd hoped. Same story a while back with the opening quarterlights. :evil:

A bit later, rubbed back and ready for a pickle in some rust inhibitor.

Primed, top coated and ready for fitting when I can find the screws. :lol:

:D

After curing the misfire (2 sets of dodgy plugs :roll: ), I'm back in love with the bus again.
Drove the really long way home from Nick's yard on Saturday afternoon. :D

Front bumper's now welded up in one piece and all the holes plugged ready for some attention to the steps and a bit of paint.

So on with the rear.

Finish isn't brilliant, but we are talking sow's ear here. :D

Anyone want to buy these really rare rear early bumper irons?

:lol:

Looking good fella,

Gotta sya I'm looking forward to seeing the front bumper all painted and stuff. The smooth 1 peice look is a nice subtle mod.

keep the posts coming :D

Finished work early today, so the rear bumper is now back on, I reckon it looks the dog's danglies, even if I say so myself. The black bumpers will look ace against the finished paintwork :D
New rear lights fitted as well. Had to fit them before the bodywork is done, as the brake lights were practically invisible.

What joy to have in the spring with a 1mm cutting disc. :D

Bit of a breezy drive home from the yard up the M32. :lol:

Just a coat of primer before the cover goes back on for a week or two. Then a bit more work with the grinder, before finishing off and then the gutters are started. :D

Latest posts