rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All change..... :lol:

Front wheels off, front hubs off ready to be drilled so I can lose the adaptors. :D

negjy.jpg

8myzZ.jpg

KPcA7.jpg

I'll give it all a good clean up and regrease under there while it's on stands.

And found the long wheel bolts I knew I had.... :roll:

iMUpD.jpg

wish i had the time you got mite get some of them new parts on mine that i have had for years :lol:

Hubs are back after being drilled, bit more expensive than anticipated but they're finally done now.
Nearside reassembled.

EvSia.jpg

And wheel fitted.

u8bQo.jpg

FFS......

bt1Y9.jpg

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry, laughed in the end.
Had the hubs drilled to remove the need for the wide 5 to Porsche adaptors and decrease the track, now I need to fit spacers to run centre caps.

:roll:

:lol:

On the lookout for domed 77mm Porsche centre caps now.

OK, on with the wheels.
Fitted with a 10mm spacer.

RYDNg.jpg

EfxiR.jpg

v6caH.jpg

And without.

TxaSu.jpg

Kcgno.jpg

UgL0d.jpg

I don't want to run spacers, and the grease cap height can't be reduced.
So the options are either shorten the spindle and rethread, or fit domed centre caps.
Anybody got, or know where I can get 77mm domed centre caps?

You could try get someone to machine you some thin washers/spacers to bring your centre caps out a few mil to clear the grease caps. Just a thought...
Might be easier and cheaper than domed ones.
Or more hassle!

tellimhesdreamin said:
You could try get someone to machine you some thin washers/spacers to bring your centre caps out a few mil to clear the grease caps. Just a thought...
Might be easier and cheaper than domed ones.
Or more hassle!

They'll have to be 15mm to clear the grease caps, and then I'll have to find some way of securing them to the wheels.
I think raised caps will be the easiest solution, e-mails have been dispatched.....

You wouldn`t even consider them if you were as long in the back as me. Six foot tall and twenty eight inch inside leg,, that`s stumpy in the leg department (all round) and ginormous in the rest of it :lol:

Ozziedg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Seven foot two sat down :mrgreen:

Right then, the bus is running well and needs no urgent work, so I cut a big hole in solid metal..... :lol:
As you can see, a narrowed beam is next on the list.

obKD5.jpg

Trailer Queen Resto tubs are a good fit.

g0YAU.jpg

Fitted, seam sealed and primed.

xcqlo.jpg

65L0h.jpg

Modified seat mount and fixing holes.

diDvW.jpg

nCSe1.jpg

Seat back in.

VGx70.jpg

rdHbG.jpg

And next week's installment. Might be a bit more challenging, got a rust bubble near the tub rear edge.

P2o3Y.jpg

Nearly 100 pages , 9 sets of wheels and you still cant stop pissing about with it :shock: :lol:

Latest posts