slammed earlys, lets see them and who's the lowest ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats not bad going. dont suppose it would cost alot more to plumb the back in either would it. been looking at doing something like that as a mate of mine has a similar setup on his bug, i was going to do something that allowed you to run stock dampers and the air ones only come into play when your going over things :mrgreen: see how we go but thats a wicked setup dude. love your bus.

mines just under 500mm on front and i can do speedhumps if not very slowly by back is pretty high up though which makes front bumper lower does anyone have problems with rear engine bar as i have some adj springplates to go on and need to know wether to bother

3627890494_d58a26f1cf.jpg

3627078075_8fe9a27f27.jpg

3627596075_0c60fa17ce.jpg

seconded i bet that headroom comes in handy too no more hunching to move about looks alot better colser to terra firma

stuartrx7 said:
Hi young dubya it does catch. On speed humps all the time, really got stuck coming out of a fuel station in St,ives,Anyway when I was on holiday and had a problems with my CSP brakes Gadget boy phoned me to help me out in the conversation he mentioned about some Pontiac air shocks from the states $61 a pair. So this is what I have done at the front, it does not lower it any more than your Beam is set at, but raises it 3inches.So now it flies over speed bumps, so I, am now working on the back.
DSCF2041.jpg

DSCF2043.jpg

DSCF2046.jpg

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2050.jpg

Hi Stuart,

Do you have some more info from these shocks and setup?

Thanks, Harry

I've gotta get me some of these shocks!!! I've PM'd Gadget Boy

Otherwise my bus is going to have to go up a bit....:( :(

I've found the shocks and the compressor [new but not yet bought]- but not the gauge leveller thingy - it must be called something else as ride leveller doesn't normally bring up much on the 'bay

A quick search so far has only come up with this...

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_PONTIAC_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid13.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I'll need to read into it abit more and refer it to someone with a little more mechanical know how than me!

Great, what other parts are needed?

If anyone wants a set, I can do a group buy as my wife is american, and we can get a load shipped to her family there, and then bring them over at christmas or shipped at a much more reasonable rate than that.

->Adam

adamski said:

If anyone wants a set, I can do a group buy as my wife is american, and we can get a load shipped to her family there, and then bring them over at christmas or shipped at a much more reasonable rate than that.

->Adam

that could work - depending on final cost I could be very interested.....

adamski said:

->Adam

Adam, that sounds like an idea - lets get this group buy off the ground.

Does anyone know what length you nedd to buy and/or does this depend on how low you are?
Also, how much is the compressor and guage to buy?

I will happily run the group buy (did a fire extinguisher one earlier this year), but we need to know more info, which I'm working on right now. I can also get it bulk delivered in the us, and then here (my wifes brother lives there and my wife works for an airline so can use her annual cargo allowance hopefully).

I've pm'd gadget and he kindly said he will be providing more info.

So I'll start a new thread for a group when I have all the info and prices, but in the meantime please help source the info too!

->Adam

Latest posts