slammed earlys, lets see them and who's the lowest ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a quote from rock auto after speaking to a bloke in the airbag scene. ill try and dig the email out and give you the details. im gona get some for the arse end too. :mrgreen:

windsurfer said:
The whole air shock system does sound appealing :mrgreen:

plusone.gif

Nice idea... Watching :party0051:

young_dubya said:
i got a quote from rock auto after speaking to a bloke in the airbag scene. ill try and dig the email out and give you the details. im gona get some for the arse end too. :mrgreen:
Hi Young_dudya I have tried fitting the air beetle shocks ma803a to the back but they keep blowing the bags. Mine is lowered 3splines at the rear and notched as well so really low. I am now looking for some smaller bagged shocks, hope this helps.
Stuart

young_dubya said:
That would be great! thanks

Air shocks on a 1 tonne bus? I assume you're keeping the torsion bars in place? :?

The purpose of the air shocks would only be temporary lifting for things like speed bumps...not permanent ride height, so yes

what about the air-ride systems they use on the small disability buses that allow them to lower the rear for wheelchair access?

adamski said:
The purpose of the air shocks would only be temporary lifting for things like speed bumps...not permanent ride height, so yes

Cool, so you're staying low and going high occasionally, rather than staying high and going low when parked up?

Sounds good, I'm interested myself now! :lol:

And me.....

After I spoke to Stuart at VW Action I had a look at a few American sites and the dampers seem quite easy to find, I went to the Monroe site and if you go to Misc it lists air shocks there, you just need to know open & closed damper measurements.

Page 16 of the mounting and length sheets catalogue here http://www.monroe.com/catalog/miscApplications.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The bit I couldn't find was the compressor kit that Stuart said he had bought off ebay

stuartrx7 said:
young_dubya said:
Hi Young_dudya I have tried fitting the air beetle shocks ma803a to the back but they keep blowing the bags. Mine is lowered 3splines at the rear and notched as well so really low. I am now looking for some smaller bagged shocks, hope this helps.
Stuart

Cheers Stu, im gona have to get my stance right before i buy anyway so i can be sure ive got the right lengths etc so ill let you know how i get on. :mrgreen:

Graham L said:
And me.....

The bit I couldn't find was the compressor kit that Stuart said he had bought off ebay

Graham _ did find these..

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/matt_savage_4x4/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - still need the gauge/switch thingy ride leveller as Stuart has - they must be called something else I think?

I've been doing some research, and I've also contacted Monroe, so I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Always busy Adam, I am interested in the developments though ;) It would mean I could lower mine with confidence :mrgreen:

Got a response from Monroe, and they referred me to the chart Graham mentioned above, but no advice on the compressor. I have some links on ebay and other websites I've been sent. Will update shortly.

Are email updates down again?

Got a response from Monroe, and they referred me to the chart Graham mentioned above, but no advice on the compressor. I have some links on ebay and other websites I've been sent. Will update shortly.

Are email updates down again?

If you guys are serious I can talk to a friend of mine who was one of the founding members of Unity Lowriders. He put together the hydraulics on my old Notchback and knows a thing or two about air ride, he also has a few contacts in the states.

:)

Latest posts