slammed earlys, lets see them and who's the lowest ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just realised that my van shares its stance with a 4x4, and the only way to go slammed is to fit a narrowed beam :(

53cm thats damn low!

53.5cm at the front,*

45cm at the rear,*

And I've just found out I can't actually get a coke can under my steering idler pin! 8) (cool as)

*And this is completely unladen, my whole westy interior is out. see pics updated tonight in the gallery. And I know this has made a difference as she scrapes the up and over garage door now.

DSCF1853.jpg

DSCF1856.jpg

DSCF1849.jpg

DSCF1850.jpg

14" std wheels,
165x60x14 front
185x65x14 rear

Touch over 52cm at the front, 46cm at the rear. Was an inch lower, but the beam was kissing tarmac to often :lol:

wheels/tyres, 175/55/15 front, 185/65/15 rears

wagens west 4" narrowed beam, wagens west 2.5 drop spindles

P1020771.jpg

P1020772.jpg

P1020761.jpg

P1020774.jpg

This is my old bay.... (on grass shhhh)

Only on a cut and turned beam and very low profile tyres! :shock:

P4250091.jpg

Dont have a bean can pic so you will have to work it out from this...

zz.jpg

:D

It was too dark in the garage to take pics but I thought I would put the figures up. I feel like I have the perfect stance for me and my family.....not too high to get vertigo and not too low too rule out speed bumps and campsites.

Rear 450 mm
Front 535 mm

Edited due to a blonde moment!!!! :lol:

faux said:
It was too dark in the garage to take pics but I thought I would put the figures up. I feel like I have the perfect stance for me and my family.....not too high to get vertigo and not too low too rule out speed bumps and campsites.

Front 450 mm
Rear 535 mm

Dude, looks like your van has a huge rake!! ;)

roland said:
faux said:

Front 450 mm
Rear 535 mm

Dude, looks like your van has a huge rake!! ;)

opps typo! a daily drivable 45cm on the frt would be awesome

Had a measure at the top of the coilover adjustment sits at 53cm there is 5 cm of adjustment so the lowest the frt will go would be

48cm!!!

ant said:
Had a measure at the top of the coilover adjustment sits at 53cm there is 5 cm of adjustment so the lowest the frt will go would be

48cm!!!

My adjusters are set at their highest too, not sure what the lowest point would be.....how much adjustment is there with adjusters?

I would love to go lower but I know that it would cause too many issues with ground and arch clearence, plus the rear is as low as it will go without notching the chassis, I'm not in to too much rake either.

Mine is 52mm front and 41mm at the rear, will go much lower now as I’ve had some more notching done by Guy at Slamwerks Derby. Here are some of the pics of his bus 47mm front and 37.5mm rear and it’s his daily car.
DSCF2061.jpg

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2056.jpg

DSCF2058.jpg

DSCF2063.jpg

DSCF2055.jpg

whats your like to drive stu?? do you have much trouble with speed bumps and sharp hills etc?? love the stance you have, be driving mine daily and cant get out of our road without hitting a speed bump also our works yard has them big concrete slab floor with two ramps :lol:

Hi young dubya it does catch. On speed humps all the time, really got stuck coming out of a fuel station in St,ives,Anyway when I was on holiday and had a problems with my CSP brakes Gadget boy phoned me to help me out in the conversation he mentioned about some Pontiac air shocks from the states $61 a pair. So this is what I have done at the front, it does not lower it any more than your Beam is set at, but raises it 3inches.So now it flies over speed bumps, so I, am now working on the back.
DSCF2041.jpg

DSCF2043.jpg

DSCF2046.jpg

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2050.jpg

about £180
Shocks $61 Delivery $60 import tax = £90
Compressor With gauge, blowoff valve, pipework, fittings, cable, relay, = £90

Latest posts