Small amount of restoration...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might help, from the hs2000 installation instructions:

Note: The combustion air pipe can be terminated underneath the vehicle making sure
the end of it is at least 0.5 metres away from the end of the exhaust and that they are
not pointing directly at each other. Take care to ensure that both pipes have a slight
downward slope to prevent any possibility of water traps. Make sure that neither the
flue or the combustion air inlet pipe are terminated in an under-floor box section.
The flue terminals are not to be positioned within 500 mm of a refuelling point or fuel
tank breather outlet or any ventilator from the fuel system(s). The flue terminals are
not to be located within 300 mm of a ventilator for the living space or an opening part
of a window. Where the flue terminal is positioned vertically below an opening part of
a window, the appliance must be fitted with an automatic shut-off device to prevent
operation when the window is open.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I have a Vehicle in Motion bracket fitted on mine bought from Propex although
Just Kampers also now sell it.
Fits to the side of the van under the cill with inlet to front and exhaust to the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I may reposition them tomorrow, I'll look at getting some more hose - just found this on the Propex web site FAQ...

"Total combined length must not exceed 4 meters and the inlet pipe should be slightly longer than the exhaust to balance the burner."

So I can vent them on opposite sides without moving it - however I think it may be sensible to put it inside the van as I can't really get at it to check it.

Thanks Matt, I could 3D print one :)

Mine still works at motorway speeds, but the inlet and outlet are shielded by the chassis outriggers.
You will need to make a shield to create a low pressure area by the inlet to stop it blowing out, or put the inlet into the pedal pan when you've fitted it.

This is my van jacked up before lowering a bit onto axle stands - there's about 2mm there!
5c89dcef3752ab1be0d9edf98a00cea8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Envious of the printer, however at work we have one and I noticed the other day how long it took to print.
I guess it depends on the quality of the printer and the intricacies of the piece. Cheaper to order from China for
me ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: All so bloody complicated...
Good work on the bus and bit's, hope that we are able to get in a possible weekend at the end of the season.
Something like last year when you had to leave, nice central point for all.
Be careful and stay virus free.

J & P
:D :D :D

Thanks, yes it is slow, that bit took about an hour.

Here's the (long) dipstick wired up...
cb2824db3edb64d9fe376ec6443e1cb5.jpg

Check accuracy with a digital temp probe, about right, the VDO may overread slightly, @70mph (about 62 really) temp went to about 105-110, back through town back to just below 100. So all good I think.

d24212c8cf3fc05167a9af75a45b4382.jpg

e18fa99f2061848324473b52e713b4b3.jpg

The trouble with parts suppliers these days is that most of the people who work there haven't got a clue about the parts they sell.
Both of these parts have been listed as working on type 1 engines, but the longer one is for type 4 engines. It will work on a type 1 engine as you've proved, but is not correct.

https://www.justkampers.com/oil-temperature-dipstick-sender-for-aircooled-1200-1600cc-vw-engines.html

https://www.justkampers.com/ac3-600-21a-oil-temperature-dipstick-sender-for-aircooled-1200cc-1600cc-vw-engines.html

Latest posts