Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
faux said:
I have had the roof off and fixed the hinge and put a new canvas on.

The broken hinge:
DSC00809.jpg

My hand made attempt:
DSC00810.jpg

The New Canvas:
DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

All in all I am a very happy with it..... :D

Fantastic thread - awaiting to collect a 71 westy soon and begin working on it. Was interested in your hinge repair, looks really good. Did you make them up out of some tubing? Tell all.

Cheers

Gareth

Hi Gareth

It was just some tubing that was in my garage, it seems to be holding well at the moment. I just measured up using the opposite side as a template and used a vice to flatten ends, rounded it off in the grinder, pretty easy.

I have since changed the canvas for a better quality one, FBI bring in really good ones.

faux said:
Managed to get some van time today,

Trip speedo fitted (Cheers Dan and Kempy)
P270908_152202.jpg

It was good to get a couple of hours in.....it does prove that they are never finished :wink:

Looks good!

Dan

Looking ace Jon, lots of cool bits and some nice work, you put us to shame! All we've done is clean the van and camping equipment post Vanfest (no mean feat....thanks to Zile) and apply some decals to the sides and windows!

PS vv envious re your trip speedo 8) 8) 8) points or what :mrgreen:

Hope you and the family are well.

Regards
Nick & Zile

looking good! the hinge on my pop top broke a few weeks back whilst on the m-way :shock:

I have found an awesome solution to if anyone else is interested.

Was digging around in the garage to try and find some tubing when I came across a fold up camping chair, you know the green ones that cost a tenner!

They pretty much use the same system! and the tubing is exactly the same size. I was even able to re-use the rivets (Saved me ages.)

Just though I should share the info! :mrgreen:

Hi Jon
Just spent a great 20 minutes+ following this thread through - really inspirational, not just for seeing the care taken at each stage and the tracking down of key parts, but also how great it is to see the genuine help and camaraderie there is between people on this forum. I am at such an early stage with my ownership of my '69 westy but more determined than ever to keep as much originality with modern tweaks like the hidden electric panel - loved that, but sure going need some help from somewhere to achieve it ....

But for now my first bit in common is taking the family away to that campsite in Brecon for the weekend, first time with the family dome awning up so should be fun. Look forward to following more and meeting up with people in the future
David

cotswoldiver said:
Hi Jon
Just spent a great 20 minutes+ following this thread through - really inspirational, not just for seeing the care taken at each stage and the tracking down of key parts, but also how great it is to see the genuine help and camaraderie there is between people on this forum. I am at such an early stage with my ownership of my '69 westy but more determined than ever to keep as much originality with modern tweaks like the hidden electric panel - loved that, but sure going need some help from somewhere to achieve it ....

But for now my first bit in common is taking the family away to that campsite in Brecon for the weekend, first time with the family dome awning up so should be fun. Look forward to following more and meeting up with people in the future
David

Hi David

Well, a couple of good choices made already, 69 Westy and EarlyBay.com :mrgreen: You are right, it is a fantastic site with some really helpful and friendly people on here. I have made loads of friends and you will always have a fellow early bayer to camp with if needed.

Cheers for the kind words, it is definitely a passion for me and the others on here.

I hope you enjoy/ed the site in Brecon, they ar e afriendly bunch, the views are great and there are some nice pubs in the village just a short walk down the canal.

Keep up the good work and get as many pics on here as you can and it will inspire others.

Jon

Looking good Jon, but a bit lonely there, no danger of you losing it in the car park :lol:

Cheers Just

I'm well happy with her.....keep an eye out for December issue Volksworld Camper and bus.....fingers crossed. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts