Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
faux said:
Loxy said:
faux said:
Just a little bit of a treat for the bus, I'll get more pics up when fitted:

Thanks Dan Simpson!

596aa105.jpg

Gonna need twin carbs with that ;)

I hope not, Dan and my engine builder said it should be fine. I'm having a very mild 1776 built for next year.

I'm sure that it will be fine Jon. Dan built my engine and he really knows onions. top bloke :D :D

Got about a 1000 miles on my exhaust Jon and no problems with heat, back pressure etc and im running a standard engine and single carb.

Cheers Both. That is good to know.

Clyde, your van was looking spot on at the weekend, a proper camper.

That is a sweet muffler mate! love it!

You guy's are gonna still have to cruise slow you know so I can keep up!! ;)

Thanks, I think I need to take a few pics and update my thread.
The 1776 is in and managed Volksworld and back no problem. No fancy carbs just simple.

Rough around the edges but solid and dependable!

Simple and extremely stock looking.
6814e619.jpg

This is where the exhaust sits.
94b20d76.jpg

Just got to sort out towbar.

cotswoldiver said:
Good to see the new engine in Jon ...

What's next, or is everything now set up to enjoy the summer?

Hi David
Thanks, I'm glad it's in and running well.
Next job is the towbar......as it won't fit at the moment.
I have drafted in Lee to give me a hand on this, between us we will find a solution.
I just hope we can enjoy it as a family this summer.
Jon

Nice to see this thread up again Jon , The bus looked really good at Volksworld .

I had a look in the engine bay ,and was very pleased to see how minimal and stock looking it is

I even was allowed to sit in the drivers seat , Thanks Jon 8)

Not too sure about all the light in there though :?

Still my fave White Westy

I just bought the same exhaust, glad to read the good feed back.

just read your thread through ,top bus mate really love the original look ,just started full resto on mine but wish i hadnt coz i miss driveing her ,fair play to you ,caravan has got my old lady thinking :shock: still more room for me in the bus i spose :lol:

dub boy said:
just read your thread through ,top bus mate really love the original look ,just started full resto on mine but wish i hadnt coz i miss driveing her ,fair play to you ,caravan has got my old lady thinking :shock: still more room for me in the bus i spose :lol:

Thanks, I'd love to resto it but I know how fussy I would be.

Had a day out to Rusty Lee's to fit the towbar. With a lot of cursing and swearing and some creative thinking on Lee's behalf he did it. Photos to follow but here are some that I took first thing. And some of Lees bus looking far too buffed!

9da0651c.jpg

b71addf0.jpg

77f295c9.jpg

7101faa0.jpg

25cf20cc.jpg

Cheers Lee, I hope the tat went well.

Hi Jon

Out of interest which towbar as I've got a vintage speed and a westy towbar and it all fitted with no hassle??

Graham L said:
Hi Jon

Out of interest which towbar as I've got a vintage speed and a westy towbar and it all fitted with no hassle??

Hi Graham

It is not a westy one, but I know the VS Sport Tuck Exhaust would never fit with a westy one unless you have the side exit version like Clyde's. Lee has a Westy one and we measured it up and it is about 2" off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts