Solex 30/3 Pict Replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilbo

Reaction score
I have a '71 early bay with standard engine. Been having issues with the carb and feel the time is right to replace. Any recommendations on the best replacement option and where to buy?

Favourite so far: http://www.justkampers.com/113-129-031-k-alternative-quality-34-pict-3-carburettor-vw-beetle-vw-t2-bay-1970-on.html#.VatgOLXgEb0.gmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would either send yours of to be rebuild or do it yourself.
Or source a good 2nd hand solex replacement.
Aftermarket replacements can be a bit hit and miss due to the poor quality.

gilbo said:
Favourite so far: http://www.justkampers.com/113-129-031-k-alternative-quality-34-pict-3-carburettor-vw-beetle-vw-t2-bay-1970-on.html#.VatgOLXgEb0.gmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alternative quality is code for shite quality :msn4:

and the carb in the link isn't the same as yours

Agree on the quality - have ordered a recon Solex carb from machine7. It's a Solex 34 pict 3. This is should work fine on my engine (AE number) and should give an improvement in performance.

Thanks for the responses.

Nick

gilbo said:
Agree on the quality - have ordered a recon Solex carb from machine7. It's a Solex 34 pict 3. This is should work fine on my engine (AE number) and should give an improvement in performance.

Thanks for the responses.

Nick

Is your engine twinport then? I presumed it was single as you said current carb was 30/3. I think you'd need adaptor to fit...

machine7 carb are expensive, I payed 180 for my recon solex

It's a twin port with an adapter for the current carb. Can't speak highly enough about machine7 at the moment. They've really helped me navigate through this. Thanks for the response.

Latest posts