Spinning dizzy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norm

Reaction score
Hello
After a long trip my dizzy will spin it self around only by a few degrees but enough to make it run poo
I have an accuspark svda dizzy and as far as I know a genuine clamp which is tight
My question is is there a better clamp design out there ?
Thanks norm :D

Make sure that the clamp is fitted up tight to the body of the dizzy where it starts to flare out else this will hold up the distributor and disengage the dog gear. If its not that you could also pull the dizzy and check that the fibre washer just above the dog gear is still in place; basically you should not be able to move the drive shaft up and down in the dizzy body (I had this problem).

In all I would say that I find it unlikely that the dog gear is jumping out of engagement as there is unlikely to be enough friction to keep the driveshaft turning when that happens (as I found out!).

What type of dizzy is it? Could it be the baseplate is sticking in an advanced position when things get hot after a long run?

Latest posts