Stainless steel exhausts...what one??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Reaction score
Got a 1641 twin port AD type engine with standard exhaust that needs replacing. I want a stainless steel one but dont want to make it too noisy or sound racey. I've had a look on line but Im concerned as nothing looks like what I've already got in place with tubes all over the place. I do like the look of the twin pipes but cant find anything for a 71 Early bay. Any recommendations? Thx Watty

If you want twin pipes then a beetle exhaust is one way to go....ive just put one on mine, it was only £100 with a fitting kit (not stainless though)......looks much better than a standard bus exhaust imo

regards............kev :)

bubba dubba said:
If you want twin pipes then a beetle exhaust is one way to go....ive just put one on mine, it was only £100 with a fitting kit (not stainless though)......looks much better than a standard bus exhaust imo

regards............kev :)

any pics?

Hi
If you do go for a Vintagespeed muffler contact me, you won't get a better deal anywhere, can also supply one with twin tail pipes.
Cheers.
Dan .

Dan, caught this thread, tell all what is on offer as I and maybe others may be in....

Hi,

I have this stock looking one on my bus:

http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/split%20bay%20exhaust%201500%20up.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alistair

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Silencer-with-tailpipe-S-steel-T2-1600cc-AC251615_act_shop.product_pID_56919726.htm?crumbStartPage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heritage's stainless system is great - fits exactly like stock - like the Bluebird system I guess - done the job on my bus for 3 years now and it's all good - been drilled for an lpg heat recovery pipe and it's still all good!!
Rob

Bigbear said:
I'm gonna be in the market for a vintage speed exhaust pretty soon, what's the deal then dan?
Send me a pm I will sort something out for you

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, I got one ,,,,,,, can ya tell :mrgreen:

No,have you? :shock: :lol: on commission :shock: :msn4: (poor grama :lol: :lol: )

I know what you mean :mrgreen: It`s a bit sad but I really like my little shiny bit on the back and it sounds a tiny little bit more raucus and looks pretty good to boot. I would really like to get commision on these puppies :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, A little OTT on occasion ;) :mrgreen: ;)

vintagedan said:
Hi
If you do go for a Vintagespeed muffler contact me, you won't get a better deal anywhere, can also supply one with twin tail pipes.
Cheers.
Dan .
Cannot recommend Dan highly enough did me a great deal.

I have a vintage speed also from Dan. Top man who knows his stuff I can recommend both Dan and the exhaust! :D

Latest posts