The Buss-E '71

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
southcoastcruiser said:
really good
the plexi will be dirty sometimes cause it's not closed on the bottom of the tank , what will you do for that ?

thierry

Well slightly contentious. I've made a neoprene gasket that fits around that little hole and sandwiched between the body and the tank. Only problem is neoprene hates petrol, the good side is now I've got a new tank the aren't any leaks so no petrol.

I have pretty much spent the day almost squeaking like my 7 year old daughter! :D I got my dash back from the painters. :D :D
DSCF5138.jpg

and then set about fitting everything back in plus a few extras
DSCF5140.jpg

DSCF5143.jpg

DSCF5144.jpg

It has taken since the start of the year to get to this stage and is off to the loom maker tomorrow before being re-inserted back in the bus.
Well, well, chuffed.

Haveacamper said:
looks really mint mate.

out of interest, where did you get the dash switches from?

Demon Tweeks, search for "Engraved aluminium switches", not cheap mind and they don't do everything you'd want. I've gone back to the manufacturer for other engraving options. This dash is gonna look amazing at night!

Buss69 said:
Haveacamper said:
looks really mint mate.

Demon Tweeks, search for "Engraved aluminium switches", not cheap mind and they don't do everything you'd want. I've gone back to the manufacturer for other engraving options. This dash is gonna look amazing at night!

you needn't have told me they were cheap...telling me that they are from Demon Tweeks was enough :) does look cool, i must say.

NaFe

Looks seriously awesome, quality custom dash Sir! :mrgreen:

Haveacamper said:
Buss69 said:
Haveacamper said:
looks really mint mate.

you needn't have told me they were cheap...telling me that they are from Demon Tweeks was enough :) does look cool, i must say.

NaFe

It's not all bad, RS Electronics do the same switches for about half the price, with different colour options also (mine will eventually end up red), takes a bit of hunting to find though.

Buss69 said:
Cheers for the kind comments guys. It makes the last 6 months work worth it. I've spent more time on this dash than is probably healthy (mind and wallet).

Tell yourself it's the thing you'll see most when you're out driving it so it's worth the time ;)

Geeze said:
Buss69 said:
Cheers for the kind comments guys. It makes the last 6 months work worth it. I've spent more time on this dash than is probably healthy (mind and wallet).

Tell yourself it's the thing you'll see most when you're out driving it so it's worth the time ;)

Exactly dude, that single fact is what has kept me driving forward, quite proud with the results :)

Right! This shitty english weather has been slowing me down with the recent splurge of activity on my bus so I decided it was time to get out my big erection that's been lying around for the last 2 years!
DSCF5285.jpg

DSCF5287.jpg

YES! The project continues. If all goes to plan I'll have a complete new wiring loom in the bus at the weekend :D

They look great and give you plenty of room to work in 8)

No excuses now :D

Well, fitted the new loom and now the van does not work, bugger! :cry: Not sure what the problem is just yet, just need a weekend to work out where the fault is.

The van will turn over but not fire, I'm wondering if the fault might be with the new ignition switch I fitted.

Has anyone fitted a new ignition switch recently. All the new ones have more cables than the original, does anyone have a wiring diagram for one of these new switches? As usual, no-one who sells these knows anything about them, can anyone help?

Latest posts